Whole Foods Market to open new location in Kennesaw
New store will feature Revelator coffee bar, barbecue venue and made-in-house specialties
Atlanta, Ga. (Sept. 15, 2017) – Whole Foods Market will open a new store in Kennesaw on Friday, October 6 at 1300 Ernest Barrett Parkway. This store will be a relocation of Whole Foods Market’s Harry’s Farmers Market store in Marietta, which will close October 5. Opening day shoppers will be greeted with an array of product demonstrations and samples, and the first 500 customers will receive free gifts cards ranging in amounts from $5 to $50 with one $500 card.
Five percent of opening day sales will be donated to the Swift-Cantrell Foundation, which supports the development of Kennesaw’s Swift-Cantrell Park.
“We are excited to offer a new shopping experience and updated features to old and new customers at our Kennesaw Whole Foods Market,” said Claire Banks, the store’s team leader. “The store will offer many locally sourced and seasonal products that meet our high quality standards. Whether you come to sip Revelator Coffee, enjoy beer and barbecue at Hops ‘n’ Sauce, or buy our made-from-scratch potato dill bread, the store will be a new gathering place for the community.”
Every item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The 46,000 square-foot store includes:
- Revelator Coffee Company coffee bar featuring their seasonal, fresh coffee.
- Hops ‘n’ Sauce, an in-store barbecue and beer venue.
- Two exclusive made-in-house breads: potato dill and sundried tomato, basil and parmesan.
- Quick-serve venue Tori Bird by Genji featuring a selection of sushi and karaage, classic Japanese fried chicken tossed in sauces like Yuzu Citrus Mayo, Orange Sauce, Curry Salt and Classic Texas BBQ.
- Marietta favorite Williamson Bros. Bar-B-Q spices and sauces as well as Williamson Bros. Signature items that include meats smoked in-house with their spices.
- Numerous specialties made in-house including: smoked salmon, seasonal salsa and dip selections, and hand-tossed, wood-fired pizza.
- An array of seating options as well as a play area for kids.
The community is invited to join Whole Foods Market for a block party in front of the new store on Saturday, September 30 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The celebration will feature music, activities for kids, food and samples. Admission is free and customers can sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/whole-foods-kennesaw-block-party-tickets-37917294649.
Whole Foods Market’s Harry’s Farmers Market store at 70 Powers Ferry Road SE in Marietta will close on Thursday, October 5.
Members of the media should contact SOmedia@wholefoods.com with questions or to set up interviews or preview tours.
President, South Region
Bobby Turner joined Whole Foods Market in 1993. He is a professional in the Natural and Organic industry, with 20+ years of experience in retail operations, supply chain management, and supplier relations.