Whole Foods Market to open September 28 in Las Colinas
New store will feature craft beer on tap and in-house specialties
AUSTIN, Texas (Sept. 5, 2017) – Whole Foods Market will open its fourteenth Dallas-Fort Worth area store in the Las Colinas community on Thursday, September 28. The opening day celebration will begin at 8 a.m. and shoppers will be greeted with an array of product demonstrations and samples. The first 200 customers will receive gift cards ranging in amounts from $5 to $50 with one $500 card.
“We’re excited to bring Whole Foods Market to the Las Colinas and Irving communities,” said Stuart Lane, the store’s team leader. “We’re bringing a unique grocery shopping experience to the neighborhood with in-store eateries, beer on tap, and incredible customer service from our talented Whole Foods Market team members. We can’t wait to open our doors!”
Every item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The 44,000 square-foot store includes:
- Self-serve desserts like mochi ice cream and French macarons.
- An in-store bar featuring sixteen beers on tap and a menu of bar fare favorites.
- Freshly baked New York-style pizzas sold whole and by the slice.
- More than 100 specialty cheeses and over 750 wines.
- Outdoor patio tables and seating for al fresco dining.
- Regular store events and specials such as happy hours, Thursday night pizza deals, and weekly activities for kids.
The community is invited to join Whole Foods Market for a soft opening pre-shop event on Tuesday, September 26, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Ten percent of sales from the pre-shop will benefit local nonprofit Irving Cares, an organization that provides focused assistance for Irving residents when addressing financial crisis. For event details and to RSVP visit https://wfmlascolinaspreshop.eventbrite.com.
Members of the media should contact SWmedia@wholefoods.com with questions or to set up interviews or preview tours.