Whole Foods Market opens in Chappaqua
New store in Westchester County offers locally sourced products and fast casual Pizza Parlor eatery
CHAPPAQUA, NY (Dec. 14, 2018) – Whole Foods Market in Chappaqua opens its doors to the public on Saturday, Dec. 15 at 9 a.m. Located at 480 N Bedford Road, the new 40,000 square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening with complimentary coffee and pastries outside and a free shopping bag giveaway to the first 200 customers.
“We feel privileged to be part of this significant moment for this great community,” said Alex Saa, Store Team Leader and a Hudson Valley resident. “Whole Foods Market is proud to be able to offer the highest quality grocery and convenient dining options to our neighbors from New Castle and beyond, in a store that we’ve designed uniquely for them. We look forward to welcoming our customers and serving as Chappaqua’s community grocery market.”
Offering a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items, each item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats. Store features include:
- Wide assortment of grocery products from local and regional suppliers, such as Blank Slate Kitchen, Hudson Valley Marshmallow Co., Noona’s Ice Cream, East Hill Creamery and Fruition Chocolate Works; additional unique offerings include mix-your-own salad dressing and marinade center and organic cold pressed baby food cooler featuring Once Upon a Farm Baby Food
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from regional growers Gotham Greens and Lyman Orchards
- Full-service meat and seafood departments staffed by expert butchers and fishmongers; featuring meats from Simply Grazin’ Beef, Briarwood Pork and Pine Hill Lamb, as well as seafood from Catsmo Artisan Smokehouse and more
- Baked in-house breads, rolls, cakes, brownies, muffins, pies, cookies and cornbread in an expansive bakery; including numerous vegan, gluten free and other special diet offerings
- Prepared food bars with seasonal vegan and organic options, salad bar, 12 soup wells, self-serve pizza, carvery station with seasonal assortment of sauces, Kikka sushi and made-to-order fajitas from Fresca Fajita
- Selections of local beers from Captain Lawrence Brewing Co., Peekskill Brewery and Newburgh Brewery
- A full-service Allegro Coffee Bar with nitro cold brewed coffees and teas and seasonal smoothies
Shoppers in Chappaqua will also experience Pizza Parlor, a 37-seat fast-casual eatery and beverage venue in-store. Offering a curated selection of beer from local breweries and wines by the glass – as well as fresh pizza from a wood-burning oven, a menu of antipasti, hearth-roasted main and side dishes and savory small plates – shoppers will have a unique space to gather and the option to bring in food from the prepared foods department or order at the bar. Open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., daily.
Whole Foods Market Chappaqua employs approximately 230 full and part time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
Whole Foods Market has three additional Westchester area stores, in Yonkers, White Plains, and Portchester.
For more information visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/chappaqua