Whole Foods Market opens in Newtown Square
New store to offer wide selection of local products and fast-casual eatery Darby Creek Café
NEWTOWN SQUARE, PA (Jan. 17, 2019) – Whole Foods Market in Newtown Square opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Friday, January 18. Located at 3737 West Chester Pike, the new 51,000-square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening with complimentary coffee from local partner, One Village, and breakfast pastries starting at 8 a.m. The first 200 customers will receive a Whole Foods Market gift card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We are thrilled to join the Newtown Square community with the opening of our new Whole Foods Market,” said John Frei, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to welcoming customers into our store and serving them at the Darby Creek Café, a unique dining venue where customers can have a quick meal, leisurely dine in our outdoor seating area, or watch a game on one of our TVs while enjoying a beverage.”
Offering a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
- Wide assortment of grocery products from local and regional suppliers, such as Vesper Bros. Foods, Uncle Jerry’s Pretzels; additional offerings include 155 bins of scoop bulk items and plant-based snacks featuring Cocoburg coconut jerky and Barnana dried fruit
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from regional growers Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative, The Common Market, and Bux-Mont Hydroponics
- Full-service butcher and seafood departments featuring a dry aging room with whiskey dry-aged meat and in-house made sausages, as well as Korean BBQ smoked octopus, truffle smoked scallops, and chimichurri smoked Chilean seabass
- A specialty foods section with an extensive selection of local cheeses and a self-serve fresh pasta bar with local vendor partner, Severino
- An expansive in-house bakery offering a full line of scratch made breads, cakes, and self-serve baked goods, such as mini pastries and cupcakes; including vegan, gluten free and other special diet offerings
- Prepared hot and cold food bars with seasonal vegan and organic options, a salad bar, soup wells, self-serve pizza and tacos, a wood-fired pub menu and rotisserie chickens
- A full-service Allegro Coffee Bar with nitro cold brewed coffee and tea, fresh juices and a build-your-own acai bowl station with an assortment of delicious toppings
- A beauty and body care department featuring a luscious bulk body care wall and local products
- Expansive selection of beer and wine from local producers, such as Sterling Pig Brewery, 2SP Brewing and Conshohocken Brewing Company
The Newtown Square store will also feature the Darby Creek Café, an in-store, fast-casual eatery. The café offers an elevated pub-inspired food menu with dishes made in a wood-fired oven, including vegan and vegetarian options, as well as curated selections of local spirits, sherry-based cocktails, and cold brew coffee, juices, and local beers on tap. The café will have three televisions and offer seating for customers with outdoor seating during the summer months. It will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
To celebrate joining the community, five percent of the store’s net sales on Thursday, Jan. 24 will benefit Marple Newtown School District's Black and Orange Fund, which gives back to the school community through several avenues, such as supporting student programs, booster clubs and organizations, and offering scholarships.
Whole Foods Market Newtown Square employs approximately 160 full and part time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
Whole Foods Market has 13 additional stores in the greater Philadelphia area.
For more information visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/newtown