Whole Foods Market Exton to open January 18
New store will feature taco and tequila venue, products from over 75 local suppliers and in-house specialties
Exton, Pa. (Dec. 5, 2017) – Whole Foods Market will open a new store in Exton on Thursday, Jan. 18 at 175 North Pottstown Pike. This ninth Philadelphia area Whole Foods Market store will feature a curated mix of locally sourced and seasonal products that adhere to Whole Foods Market’s industry-leading standards. Opening Day shoppers will be greeted with doorbuster deals and an array of product demonstrations and samples.
“We’re excited to welcome Exton’s growing community to this new Whole Foods Market, which includes ample inside and outside spaces for family and friends to gather,” said Alison Marcantuno, the store team leader. “From our fresh produce and flowers to oven-ready, grab-and-go and prepared foods meal solutions, the store will offer fresh and healthy options for Exton shoppers.”
Every item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The 50,000 square-foot store includes:
- Pike’s, an in-store venue with a retro diner ambiance, serving tortas and tacos as well as beer, wine and a selection of mezcal & tequila.
- More than 75 local supplier products ranging from seasonal produce to local pork and chicken and a unique selection of ceramics, jewelry and gifts.
- An expansive cheese department featuring exclusive local cheeses from Yellow Springs Dairy in Chester Springs as well as a robust national and international selection of sheep, goat and cow’s milk offerings.
- Full-service meat and seafood departments featuring Global Animal Partnership 5 Step Animal Welfare-rated meat and sustainable seafood staffed by expert meat cutters and fishmongers.
- Made in-house specialties including: hand-tossed pizza, corn & flour tortillas and tortilla chips made with local Castle Valley Mill grains, and a selection of dips such as rutabaga, collard green, and guacamole.
- A large, seasonal rooftop with a fire pit where customers can enjoy food and draft beer.
Whole Foods Market Exton will be hiring approximately 125 team members for positions throughout the store. Interested candidates should visit wholefoodsmarket.com/careers to apply or stop by hiring events at the Exton Square Mall this week: Dec. 6 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and December 8 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Prospective candidates can also Text “Hire Me” to (610) 624-8686 for more information.
President, Mid Atlantic Region
Scott Allshouse’s career in the grocery industry has spanned three decades, beginning at age 15.