Whole Foods Market one-day sale: wild Alaska Sockeye salmon
Wild Alaska sockeye salmon on sale 6/21 for $11.99/lb
Date of sale: June 21, 2013
What’s on sale: wild Alaska Sockeye slamon
What to know about this salmon:
- It’s wild salmon season! This Sockeye is fresh, never frozen, and rich in Omega-3s.
- Sockeye Reds draw people in with their bright red color and extra firm texture. Premium sockeye – that with the highest oil content – comes from either very long river systems or from glacial, very cold river systems.
- Our wild Alaska salmon comes from fisheries rated green or yellow by the Monterey Bay Aquarium or Blue Ocean Institute. That signals healthy populations (no overfishing) and a fishing method that’s easy on the environment.
- Our Port Buyers are based in Alaska throughout the salmon season. They works personally with fishermen to bring the highest-quality salmon to our fresh cases.
Get details on our Whole Story blog.
Wild salmon is a healthy choice for summer BBQs or light family meals. It’s easy to grill, broil, roast or poach.
- Wild Alaska Salmon and Avocado Salad
- Citrus Marinated Grilled Salmon with Tabbouleh Salad
- Wild Coho Salmon with Sunshine Rice (Health Starts Here recipe)
$11.99 is price for U.S. stores only. In Canada, price is $2.64 per 100 grams. Availability may vary. No rain checks.