WHAT: Whole Foods Market Tustin celebrates all things LOCAL, specifically products made in Orange County. Project OC is a Local Expo event where you can meet our Local Forager and other Local Experts to learn about Whole Foods Market quality standards, labeling requirements, product submission procedures and everything in between. The goal is to get locally crafted products onto Whole Foods Market shelves. Current items made in Orange County and sold at Whole Foods Market will be on site, sampling their local wares!
Future Whole Foods Market Vendors and Orange County Residents
June 4, 2011,10am – 4pm
Whole Foods Market Tustin, 2847 Park Ave, Tustin, CA, 92782 in The District at Tustin Legacy
WHY: Whole Foods Market is seeking local products made in Orange County to help create a sense of community within the store and on the shelves. The process of taking an idea and getting it into production can be daunting, but Whole Foods Market is here to make the process much simpler and give you an opportunity to ask other Locals questions.
HOW: 10 am – 1 pm: Industry Professions Presentations
- Business Planning/Marketing – Michel Algazi – Fine Foods Group
- Food Technologist – Barry Weinstein
- Manufacturing/Co-packing – Heiden Foods – Dawn and Derek Walker
- Distribution – Tama Trading – Gary Provenzano
- Food Safety – Ingrid Peñuela – Applied Food Safety Solutions
- Meeting Whole Foods Market Standards – Dwight Detter
1 – 2 pm: Q & A with Presenters & Whole Foods Market Tustin Store Buyers
10 am – 2 pm: Meet Orange County Community Non Profit Groups
Noon – 4 pm: O.C. Vendor Fair
- Talk with companies based right here in Orange County! Free samples, info and more!