Austin Community Giving
Whole Foods Market further supports its hometown of Austin, TX, through the Austin Community Giving program. Austin-based organizations can apply for additional monetary consideration through the Community Engagement Portal.
Additional monetary donations will be awarded biannually to Austin-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations as part of the Store Giving Vote.
How to Apply
To be considered for Austin Community Giving funds, select Austin Community Giving in the Community Engagement Portal for the location. Please review the important Eligibility Guidelines below before proceeding to our Community Engagement Portal.
Eligibility and Funding Guidelines
- We donate to registered US 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, registered Canadian charitable organizations, and UK charitable incorporated organizations. All applicants must be able to demonstrate verified nonprofit status
- Donations must be designated to nonprofit program support in communities that surround our stores and align with Whole Foods Market Core Values
- Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, it is not possible to fulfill every request
We do not donate to:
- Political candidates or organizations
- For-profit businesses
- Organizations that discriminate toward any racial, ethnic, or cultural group
Recipient charities and organizations (“donee”) of Whole Foods Market (WFM) donations shall abide by these guidelines to remain a qualifying recipient:
- Donee shall not issue or make, or permit to be issued or made, any publicity, advertising, press release, public statement or announcement or public communication of any kind, in any form, regarding this relationship and the ensuing Agreement, the Charity Share, or any aspects or terms thereof, or the relationship between donee and Whole Foods Market, or any denial or confrontation of any of the foregoing, without WFM’s prior written approval (which may be withheld or revoked at any time at Whole Foods Market’s sole discretion).
- Donee will not use the name, trade name, service marks, trademarks, trade dress, or logo of WFM in any manner or in connection with any publicity, advertising, press release, public statement or announcement, public communication, or similar activities without the prior written consent of Whole Foods Market (which may be withheld or revoked at any time at WFM’s sole discretion).
- Any approval by Whole Foods Market for donee to use the Whole Foods Market marks will be subject to donee’s compliance with WFM’s then-current guidelines and/or policies related to such use, including but not limited to entering into a separate agreement relating to such use and any trademark guidelines.
Priority consideration will be given to Austin-based organizations that have not received another sponsorship or donation within the calendar year. Funding from a Whole Foods Market foundation — Whole Kids, Whole Planet, or Whole Cities — is not disqualifying.
Austin-based organizations applying for Austin Community Giving are also eligible to apply at a store location.
Past support for an organization does not guarantee future support.
Organizations that have been awarded support will be notified each funding cycle. Requesters can also check their application status anytime by logging in to their online profile.
Donation Payment Process
Whole Foods Market makes donations to qualifying organizations through Versaic grants disbursement through the Benevity platform, a service owned and provided by Benevity, Inc. Read more HERE.
Donation Requests for Whole Foods Market must be submitted through our Community Engagement Portal.