BOULDER, COLO. (Jan. 13, 2011) – To celebrate the opening of the newly expanded Whole Foods Market Pearl Street the store will host a fundraiser for Foothills United Way’s Fourmile Canyon Relief Fund during the community party Saturday, January 22 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Activities include a pancake breakfast, cooking demonstrations and an official ribbon cutting ceremony. The goal is to raise $25K through a silent auction, donation station and pancake breakfast. Whole Foods Market will kick off the donation drive with a $5,000 contribution and will match another $3,000 of shopper donations.
The Boulder community can expect the following at this festive event:
- Special Fourmile Canyon Relief Fund items available for purchase at each of the new venues, 100% of the cost going to the fundraising efforts.
- Silent auction featuring items from five local non-profits, who are competing to be selected as the 5% Day recipient in the fall
- Activities for children such as face painting, caricature artists, and craft-making station.
- Sampling and demos from each department and over 20 local vendors and non-profit organizations.
- Live music from Boulder-based Spring Creek Bluegrass Band.
- KIMN radio hosted donation drive 12:00 p.m. -2:00 p.m..
“Even though the fire was a few months ago, many Boulder residents are still displaced and the Rescue team is in need of replenishing their supplies,” said Jennifer Rudback, Pearl Street store team leader. “We designed the store’s expansion with our community in mind – a comfortable gathering place, a retail outlet for our many local vendors and continued support for nonprofits and those in need.”
For more information shoppers can contact the store at (303) 545-6611 2905 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO 80301.