One-Day Sale: Marine Stewardship Council-certified wild Pacific cod
Date of sale: April 19, 2013
Price: $5.99/lb (average savings of $50%)
What to know about our Cod:
• This cod comes from Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)-certified Alaskan fisheries. MSC certification is the gold standard for seafood sustainability.
• This cod is frozen at sea to lock in straight-from-the-water freshness. Whole Foods Market’s dedicated port buyers purchase only the highest quality cod.
• Get details on the Whole Story blog.
Cod fillets are great for baking or broiling. Try:
• Baked Breaded Cod
• Cod Poached in Tomato-Tarragon Sauce
• Spicy Coconut Braised Black Cod with Colorful Vegetables
Contact Beth Krauss for interviews with our experts.
U.S. and Canada stores only. Price in Canada stores is $1.49 per 100 grams. Availability may vary. No rain checks.
Weekend sale: Whole Trade® Allegro Organic Breakfast Blend Coffee
Dates of sale: April 19 to 21.
Price: $6.99/lb in bulk and $6.99 per 12 oz package (average savings of about 50%)
What to know about this coffee:
• It’s delicious! This coffee is a lively blend bursting with citrus, apricot, milk chocolate and caramel notes.
• It’s fairly traded! This light roast is not only organic and Rainforest Alliance certified, it’s backed by our Whole Trade® Guarantee, which ensures safe and healthy working conditions for farm workers, environmentally-friendly growing practices, fair prices to producers and a donation to Whole Planet Foundation® for poverty relief.
• This coffee is made with a combo of high quality beans from Selva Negra Estates, an environmentally friendly farm in Nicaragua, and Ethiopian coffee called Moredecofe, one of the few Rainforest Alliance coffees in Ethiopia.
• Get details on our Whole Story blog.
Contact Liz Burkhart for interviews with our experts.
U.S. and Canada stores only. Price in Hawaii stores is $6.99 per pound or 12oz bag. Availability may vary. No rain checks.