What: Raising funds for the Florida Marlins Community Foundation, fifty (50) beer connoisseurs will unite at Whole Foods Market in Coral Springs to judge the best of the best from eight carefully selected beers. In honor of baseball’s playoffs, the tasting competition will be in playoff format, putting the best beers up against each other. The last beer standing will be declared the 2nd Annual World Series of Beer Champion.
Who: Registration is limited to the first 50 customers ages 21 and up. Registration will be accepted in person at the store’s customer service desk or by phone. Participation and admission is $10 per person. All funds raised will be donated to The Florida Marlins Community Foundation. The purpose of the not-for-profit charitable organization is to promote educational, athletic, health, social and community service programs with a particular focus on South Florida's youth. The money raised is used to support “Cornerstones for Kids” – building a brighter future through education, the arts and baseball.
When: Sunday, October 25, 2009, 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- 50 beer fanatics judging popular brews, seated in baseball diamond formation
- Votes tallied by judges and round by round analysis from beer experts
- Head to Head Beer Competition board showcasing beer playoffs grid
- Baseball atmosphere with Florida Marlins broadcaster Rich Waltz
- Billy the Marlin and the Mermaids taking pictures with judges and signing autographs
Where: Whole Foods Market Coral Springs 810 University Drive, Coral Springs, Florida 33071, Phone: 954-753-8000