AUSTIN, Texas (April 15, 2013) – Whole Foods Market is continuing its journey this month to encourage Earthlings – or humans inspired by the earth’s beauty and bounty – to contribute to and be inspired by EarthlingMonth.com, a real-time snapshot of the planet’s beauty and bounty with a new lifestyle theme each week. This week’s celebration is focused on home – from the lawn to the living room.
To join the conversation, visit earthlingmonth.com/#/participate to upload a message, photo or video using Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Or, simply use the hashtag #WFMEarthling via Twitter or Instagram.
Shoppers can also visit The Earthling Guide to learn about how their fellow Earthlings are making their dwellings eco-friendly and gain some inspiration while spring cleaning this month. Check out the guide for tips such as:
- Set for Success – Adjusting your thermostat just 2 degrees in the winter and up 2 degrees in the summer can help save CO2 emissions as well as save you money.
- Greening Your Home Cleaning – With Whole Foods Market’s third-party-audited Eco-Scale rating system for household cleaning products, choose how “green” to clean.
- Chill with the Washing – Reduce energy usage by up to 80 percent using cold water when you wash your clothes.
- Think About H20 – Learn how everyday choices such as drinking coffee in the morning and using a low-flow shower can affect your water footprint.
- Bright Idea – Did you know? Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFls) last longer than standard bulbs and save energy to boot.
- Launder Your Money – Reduce your cost per load and your burden on the Earth by choosing concentrated laundry detergent.
- Bring on the Bees – The company’s Whole Story Blog explores why keeping a backyard full of bees is more than just buzz … and easier to do than you may think.