DENVER (Oct. 7, 2020) – Ideal Market Denver opened on Wednesday, Oct. 7. Located at 900 E. 11th Ave. in Capitol Hill, the 22,500-square-foot store joins the company’s Ideal Market store in Boulder, a fixture in the community for decades.
“We’re excited to rejoin the Capitol Hill community and introduce our customers in Denver to Ideal Market,” said Bill Jordan, regional president of Whole Foods Market’s Rocky Mountain region. “Complementing the Whole Foods Market experience at our neighboring locations, Ideal Market offers a more selective assortment of products meeting Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards with an emphasis on organic, local and made-in-house artisanal and culinary offerings.”
Special features of the store include:
- Produce department offering a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, nearly all of which are organic or local, including unique offerings like salad starter kits, organic snack packs, pre-cut, organic fruit and stir fry vegetables and house-made organic dips.
- Prepared Foods section offering a wide selection of fresh grab-and-go items and house-made meals, including a full-service pizza station featuring organic and local ingredients and crusts for special diets. The department also includes a full-service salad venue and sandwiches made-in-house every day with local and organic ingredients and bread baked daily.
- In-house bakery offering scratch-made, organic and special diet items, such as fresh bread and pastries using flours from Denver-based Ardent Mills, Italian cookies paired with plant-based milks and a variety of cakes including Whole Foods Market-exclusive Vegan Berry Chantilly Cake.
- Full-service meat department offering organic and local items, including organic chicken from Pine Manor, organic Du Breton pork, beef, and lamb, as well as house-made sausages and smoked meats.
- Seafood counter offering a selection of fresh and frozen seafood, with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed, including in-house smoked salmon, meals, dips and spreads.
- Extensive selection of grocery items featuring coveted natural food brands and customer favorites including Fantastic World Foods, W. Knudsen, Shaka Tea, Truffle Shuffle popcorn, plant-based Dream Pops and Eden Foods mochi.
- Specialty foods section offering a selection of artisan, local and organic cheeses, cheese pairings, local charcuterie and artisan chocolate.
- A rotating selection of local, limited, rare and seasonal beers that can be enjoyed in the bottle room.
- Full-service coffee bar offering crafted beverages from La Colombe, a leading specialty coffee roaster known for its direct sourcing and innovative lineup of hot and cold brew beverages.
- A beauty and lifestyle boutique offering a range of artisan-crafted products and featuring emerging local brands such as Base Coat, COFO Provisions, Spinster Sisters and Tree Line Candle Co.
- Environmentally conscious packaging made from recycled water bottles on products in various departments of the store.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, as well as over 100 colors, flavors and preservatives commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
For more information about Ideal Market Denver and its hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/idealmarketdenver.