Date of sale: April 12, 2013
What’s on sale: Marine Stewardship Council-certified wild halibut steaks
Price: $12.88/lb (average savings of 40%)
Interviews: David Pilat, global seafood buyer can discuss creative ways to cook halibut and offer sustainable seafood purchasing tips.
What to know about this halibut:
- This halibut is fresh, never frozen. Halibut season just opened; shoppers can have the freshest fish hand-selected by Whole Foods Market port buyers and shipped straight from the source.
- Our halibut comes from a Marine Stewardship Council (MSC)-certified fishery. With an internationally recognized environmental standard for certifying sustainable and well-managed wild capture fisheries, MSC certification is the gold standard for seafood sustainability.
- Get details on the Whole Story blog.
Halibut steaks are great to broil, bake or grill. Try:
- Halibut with Watermelon Salsa
- Grilled Halibut Salad
- Roasted Halibut with Piquillo Peppers
- Cornmeal-Crusted Halibut Sandwich with Creamy Coleslaw
U.S. stores only. Availability may vary. No rain checks.