Date of sale: Friday, August 22, 2014
What’s on sale: Whole roasted chicken
Price: $5 each
What to know about these whole roasted chickens:
Roasted chicken is so versatile, and with its flavorful taste there’s no surprise why it goes with so many different recipes. It makes the transition from lingering summer days to the hectic beginning of back-to-school that much easier.
The birds are humanely raised, coming from farms certified by the Global Animal Partnership’s 5-Step™ Animal Welfare Rating standards.
Did you know?
These chickens are given no antibiotics ever or supplemental growth hormones*.
- Curried Coconut Chicken Salad
- Summer Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Hearty Rye Berry Salad with Shredded Chicken
- Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Chipotle Chicken Salad
- Spring Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches
- Quick Chicken Tostadas
* Federal regulations prohibit the use of hormones in raising pigs, poultry, goats, veal calves, and bison.
Canadian and U.S. stores only. No rain checks.