Toronto (June 6, 2018) – Whole Foods Market is now offering self-serve mochi ice cream in most Canadian stores in Ontario and British Columbia. Mochi ice cream is a popular Japanese-inspired dessert made by covering bite-sized balls of creamy vegan ice cream with a sweet Japanese rice dough.
“We first launched this unique and wildly popular sweet treat in Canada last April at our new North Vancouver store opening,” says Andy Sasser, global category manager at Whole Foods Market. “The customer response was overwhelming and we’re thrilled to roll out the program to an additional 11 Canadian Whole Foods Market locations just in time for summer.”
Individual mochi ice creams are available in self-serve cases and shoppers can choose from a variety of flavours, including chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and salted caramel, with additional rotating seasonal flavours to come. Prices range from $2.29 for a single serving and $12.99 for six.
Canadian Whole Foods Market stores now carrying the product include seven Ontario locations and five British Columbia locations:
- Yorkville: 87 Avenue Rd, Toronto
- Oakville: 301 Cornwall Rd, Oakville
- Square One Mississauga: 155 Square One, Mississauga
- Unionville: 3997 Highway 7, Markham
- Yonge and Sheppard: 4771 Yonge St, Toronto
- Leaside: 1860 Bayview Ave., Toronto
- Lansdowne Park: 951 Bank Street, Ottawa
- West Vancouver: 925 Main St, West Vancouver
- Cambie: 510 West Eighth Ave., Vancouver
- North Vancouver: 120 13th Street E, Vancouver
- North Burnaby 4420 Lougheed Highway, Burnaby
- Victoria – 3587 Blanshard Street, Victoria