Whole Foods Market will open its new 40,000 square-foot downtown Indianapolis store, located at 320 E. Market Street, at 9 a.m., Wednesday, March 21. and the first 500 customers through the doors will receive a Whole Foods Market gift card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $50; with one lucky customer receiving a $500 gift card.
“Whole Foods Market in Downtown Indianapolis will offer customers convenient lunch and dinner options, custom-cut meat, organic and local produce, as well as pantry staples,” said Jared Miller, Store Team Leader. “The store will be a showcase for local Indiana suppliers and a warm, welcoming gathering place for the community.”
Every item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats.
The 40,000 square foot store includes:
- The Market Square Taproom which will feature 20 taps of rare beers from Indiana brew masters at Three Floyds, Brewing Co. Upland Brewing Co., Sun King Brewery, Taxman Brewing Co. and 18th Street Brewery, ample seating options and a menu ranging from breakfast sandwiches and nachos to blackened salmon and cauliflower tots.
- Nine different flavors of the popular Japanese-American dessert, mochi ice cream, and a dozen varieties of the French classic, macaroons.
- Freshly baked cookies, single-serving brownies and dessert bars let shoppers add an afternoon treat or a customized dessert spread for the office or special events.
- An Allegro Coffee Bar featuring, lattes, chai, cappuccinos, nitro cold brews and espresso made to order, as well as special hibiscus nitro tea and fresh fruit smoothies. Allegro Coffee buys and roasts only specialty Arabica beans, which represents the top 10 percent of all the beans produced in the world. From that 10 percent, Allegro only purchases the cream of the crop, so Whole Foods Market shoppers are getting the best quality and taste possible every day.
- A variety of healthy and hearty options from freshly prepared seasonal salads made with an array of responsibly grown organic and conventional produce on the salad bar to the hot bar will provide chef-driven dishes such as salmon and London broil.
- Numerous in-house specialties including; hand-stretched Neapolitan-style pizza, freshly made sushi specialty rolls and grab-and-go sandwiches.
- Over 100 varieties of cheeses free of artificial additives, sweeteners, colorings, preservatives and hydrogenated oils. The new downtown Whole Foods Market will celebrate the grand opening with a 500 lb wheel of cheddar on display.
- Amazon lockers for customers to conveniently ship and pick up packages.
Whole Foods Market hired over 100 Team Members for the new location. The company has four other Indiana locations: Schererville and South Bend in Northwest Indiana; Carmel; and on 86th Street in Indianapolis.