SAN FRANCISCO (Feb. 17, 2022) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 64,737-square-foot San Francisco flagship store at Trinity Place (1185 Market Street) in San Francisco’s Mid-Market neighborhood on Thursday, March 10. The store’s design nods to classic San Francisco with inspiration from the former Crystal Palace Market, the modern, industrial feel of the Tenderloin district and the iconic colors of the Golden Gate Bridge. The new location’s product assortment places an emphasis on local offerings from Northern California, featuring more than 3,700 local products throughout the store, all hand-picked by Patrick Wyman, Local Forager for Whole Foods Market’s Northern California Region.
Features of the Trinity store include:
- An array of organic, conventional, local and Sourced for Good produce, plus offerings from more than 32 local farms, including mandarins from Fruitworld, salad greens from Plenty’s San Francisco farm and organic mushrooms from Far West Fungi.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local specialties include Sweetdragon Baking Co. brittles, handcrafted chocolates from Charles Chocolates and Central Coast Creamery The cheese counter is overseen by trained cheesemongers who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards.
- An extensive selection of 714 wines, including a wide selection from nearby wine-growing locales. Unique offerings include wines from Poe Wines and Kathryn Kennedy Winery.
- More than 300 craft beers and 150 spirit offerings. Local options include Bare Bottle sour beers, low-calorie and flavored margaritas from Laughing Glass and craft beers from San Francisco Brewing.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring seafood smoked in-house and a ready-to-eat Poke bar. Local options include caviar from Tsar Nicoulai Caviar, trout from TWO X SEA Trout and a wide selection of oysters from the west coast. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service butcher to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Department offerings include shabu shabu and made-in-house sausage. Local options include air-chilled chicken from Mary’s and lamb from Pozzi Ranch.
- A Prepared Foods section with hot and cold food bars, sushi by Kikka as well as made-to-order and by-the-slice pizzas.
- Bakery offering everyday favorites, such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake, brown butter cookies and vegan croissants and scones. Department also offers a wide variety of special diet items, such as vegan croissants, cupcakes, cookies and brownies and gluten-free blondies and sweets. Local options include croissant toasts from La Boulangerie, breads from Wise Sons Deli, macarons from L’Artisan and hearth breads from Acme, Semifreddis and Firebrand.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring more than 50 local products, including skincare from Earth Tu Face and Cocokind, and supplements like green moringa powders from Kuli Kuli and Supershroom blends from Goldmine.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 150 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
To give back to the San Francisco community, Whole Foods Market sponsored the grand opening of
La Cocina’s Municipal Marketplace in San Francisco. La Cocina is an organization working to increase equity in business ownership for women, immigrants and people of color. Whole Foods Market is also a sponsor of San Francisco Beer Week (Feb. 11-20), which supports independent California and Bay Area craft beerNonprofit organizations interested in support from Whole Foods Market can visit the Community Giving page to learn more.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Curbside pickup will be available from Whole Foods Market Trinity.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/trinity
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://wmn-live.frb.io/.