BALTIMORE, Md. (June 17, 2020) – Whole Foods Market opened a new 47,000 square-foot store in Harbor East, located at 711 S. Central Ave. on Wednesday, June 17. The store serves as a relocation of the 1001 Fleet St. store.
Special features of the new Harbor East store include:
- Friends of Whole Foods Market venues, including Gypsy Queen Café and Ejji Ramen will be open for takeout orders.
- Seafood counter featuring fresh and frozen seafood, with all offerings being either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed, including local smoked fish, headfish, clams, oysters and crab.
- Produce department offering a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as selections from local growers, and a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade® Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Floral department featuring beautiful, fresh flowers and different plants featured every month.
- Full-service butcher offering made in-house sausages and dry-aged beef, as well as oven-ready options and selections from local suppliers including pork, lamb and poultry.
- In-house bakery featuring freshly baked breads, cakes, pastries and items for special diets.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, as well as over 100 colors, flavors and preservatives commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns, including Baltimore, Md.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/harboreast.
About Whole Foods Market
For 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first national certified organic grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.