AVON, Conn. (Aug. 4, 2021) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 44,760-square-foot store, located in Avon Village at 50 Climax Road in Avon, Conn., on Wednesday, Sept. 1. The new location’s assortment places emphasis on local products from the New England area, all hand-picked by Whole Foods Market North Atlantic’s Local Forager, Holly Long.
Special features of the new Avon Village store include:
- An array of organic, conventional, local and Sourced for Good produce, plus Eco-Certified apples and peaches grown on family farms.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring grilled shrimp charcuteries, salmon burgers and marinated and stuffed fillets, as well as local Blue Point oysters and Smoked Atlantic Salmon from Ducktrap River of Maine. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service butcher to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Department includes house-made pork and chicken sausages, seasoned and marinated beef, kabobs, burgers and more, as well as local fresh pork cuts from Overbrook Farm.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers, artisan producers, accoutrements and specialty foods like chocolate. The cheese department is overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards. Local options include Camembert from Arethusa Farm as well as potato gnocchi from Nuovo Pasta and basil pesto from Bear Pond Farm.
- Grocery products from local creators like ice cream from Arethusa Farm, honey from Hilltop Apiaries, a variety of maple syrups from Maple Craft Foods, and gourmet premium pumpkin seeds from SuperSeedz.
- Extensive selection of nearly 400 beers, including local options such as Run Wild Non-Alcoholic IPA from Athletic Brewing Co., Church Pool Kölsch from Brewery Legitimus and Dog & Boats Double IPA from Beer’d Brewing Co.
- Pizza counter offering classic options alongside styles like Roasted Mushroom, Fennel with Gouda, and Vegan Brussels Sprout with Red Onion, plus house-made strombolis and calzones.
- Prepared Foods section with hot and cold food bars and ready-to-eat soups, premium charcuterie and rotisserie chickens, including a signature Lemon Herb Shallot version.
- Bakery offering custom cakes, scratch-made breads and special diet options including treats made without gluten, plus vegan and nut-free options. Local selection includes fresh artisan hearth breads and sandwich loaves from Wave Hill Breads, fresh milled bagels from One Mighty Mill and Doughnut Muffins from Bisousweet Confections.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring local artisan soaps from Treefort Naturals, insect repellants from Nantucket Spider and chocolate calcium supplements from New England-based Adora Supplements.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
To give back to the Avon community, Whole Foods Market will provide support to the following organizations in celebration of the opening: Forge City Works, The Children’s Museum of Connecticut, Simsbury Meadows Performing Arts Center, The Boys & Girls Club of Hartford, The Hartford Yard Goats Foundation and FoodShare. Whole Kids Foundation will also grant $3,000 to the Talcott Mountain Academy to support their hydroponics enrichment class on growing garden vegetables. Nonprofit organizations interested in support from Whole Foods Market can visit the Community Giving page to learn more.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Curbside pickup is also available at all Whole Foods Market locations.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/avonvillage.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://wmn-live.frb.io/.