Bozeman, Mont. (Feb. 1, 2023) – Whole Foods Market opened its new 31,718-square-foot store in Bozeman, Mont., located at 2905 W. Main Street on Feb. 1, at 9 a.m. The Bozeman location is the first store in Montana for the global natural and organic foods retailer.
“We’re thrilled to join the great state of Montana for the first time ever with the opening of our Bozeman store today,” said Angela Lorenzen, Whole Foods Market’s Regional President for the Mountain Pacific Region. “With every new store opening comes the opportunity to bring high-quality food and an unparalleled grocery shopping experience to new customers. As Whole Foods Market focuses on our growth potential in 2023 and beyond, entering this new market is an exciting indication of what’s to come.”
“I’m so excited to welcome the community into this store and introduce them to our incredible and knowledgeable team members here in Bozeman,” said Kate Hensley Luna, the Store Team Leader for Whole Foods Market Bozeman. “We invite you to come browse our aisles for new products, check out our selection of local to Montana brands, grab a beverage from Treeline Coffee Roasters, or enjoy a meal in our prepared foods department. Our doors are open and we’re ready to serve Bozeman!”
Designed with outdoor adventure in mind, the store features a modern and earthy look including exposed wood beams, high ceilings and large paneled windows overlooking the nearby mountains. An outdoor patio with heaters provides a cozy atmosphere for dining or sipping a coffee from the local to Bozeman, women-owned coffee bar, Treeline Coffee Roasters. The new location’s product assortment features more than 75 local brands from Montana and Wyoming, hand-picked by Darcy Landis, Local Forager for Whole Foods Market’s Mountain Pacific Region.
Additional features of the Bozeman store include:
- An array of organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce and a floral section with seasonal offerings from local farms. Customers can find cut flowers from Rodi Farm, a fifth-generation farm in Laurel, Montana and High Country Growers, a family-owned garden center farm located in Helena, Montana.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers, which features more than 100 cheeses from around the world including U.S., U.K., France, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, and Greece, as well as organic goat cheese from Montana’s Amaltheia Organic Dairy. The cheese counter is overseen by knowledgeable cheesemongers who can offer recommendations and pairings for any occasion.
- Curated grocery section filled with favorites from the grocer’s private label, 365 by Whole Foods Market, local products including plant-based dips from Plant-Perks, canned vegetables and jams from Roots Kitchen and Cannery, safflower oil from The Oil Barn and caramels from Bèquet Confections.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring made-in-house seafood cakes, smoked seafood, ready-to cook meals and Lobster Mac and Cheese. All offerings are either sustainable, wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Featured offerings include ready-to cook stuffed chicken breast, meatloaf, and meatballs, and made-in-house sausage and double smoked bacon.
- Local craft beers from Bozeman Brewing Company, Bridger Brewing, MAP Brewing Company, Mountains Walking Brewery, and The Outlaw Brewing Company. Extensive, curated selection of wines featuring international and vintage offerings sourced by Whole Foods Market’s expert wine team. Local wine options include selections from Ten Spoons Winery.
- Prepared Foods section that includes a hot food bar, salad bar, soup station, made-in-house rotisserie chicken, and fresh hot pizza. Customers can easily pickup prepacked salads and sandwiches to go.
- A full-service coffee bar from locally and women-owned Treeline Coffee Roasters, offering its complete menu of coffee, teas, and retail items in-store and through online preorder/pickup. Seasonal winter drinks include Matcha-ado About Nothing, The Perfect Pair, and Orange is the New Vanilla.
- Bakery department with everyday favorites such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake, brown butter cookies, croissants, and scones. The department also carries a wide variety of special diet items including chocolate cupcakes from Better Bites, muffins from Abe’s Vegan Mini Muffins and vegan brownies and cookies from Whole Foods Market’s private label.
- An array of supplements, beauty, and lifestyle products found in the Whole Body department, including cards from Birds & Beasleys located in Helena, Montana and soy-based candles from Ignite Candle Company located in Billings, Montana.
Whole Foods Market’s Bozeman store will be open from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. MST on opening day. The store’s regular hours will be 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. MST daily following the opening.
To give back to the community, Whole Foods Market is donating to local organizations Big Sky Youth Empowerment, Gallatin Valley Land Trust, and Montana Harvest of the Month. Additionally, nonprofit organization HRDC is a recipient of Whole Foods Market’s Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program, receiving a refrigerated van to transport both perishable and nonperishable rescued food to communities in need.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 150 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Grocery pickup will be available at Whole Foods Market Bozeman. For more information and hours of operation, please visit wholefoods.com/stores/bozeman.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://wmn-live.frb.io/.