CHICAGO (April 27, 2022) – Whole Foods Market opened its new 65,956-square-foot store, located at 3 W. Chicago Ave., Chicago, in the new One Chicago high-rise located on the border between Chicago’s River North and Gold Coast neighborhoods on Wednesday, April 27. The store will serve as a relocation of the existing Chicago store located at 30 W. Huron St., Chicago. The store’s design is inspired by the historic homes, storefronts and gourmet restaurants of the surrounding neighborhoods with elements like elegant arches, recycled handmade tiles and glazed brick. The new location’s assortment emphasizes local products from Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana, overseen by Julie Blubaugh, Local Forager for Whole Foods Market’s Midwest region.
Special features of the new One Chicago store include:
- Produce and floral department with an array of organic, conventional and Sourced for Good Local choices include tomatoes from MightyVine, basil from Gotham Greens’ Chicago farm and sprouts from Chicago Indoor Garden.
- Full-service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Featured department offerings include dry-aged beef, made-in-house sausage and prime beef. Local options include chicken sausages from Amylu, chicken from Pine Manor Farms and sausages from Gilbert’s Craft Sausages.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers, artisan producers and specialty foods. Department features a selection of cheeses overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional and a seasoned team of cheesemongers ready to help with cheese selection, pairings and building custom boards for any occasion. Local offerings include burrata from BelGioioso, mozzarella perline from Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese and pesto from Gotham Greens’ Chicago farm.
- A Prepared Foods section with hot and cold food bars, hand-tossed pizza, sushi from Sushi Avenue as well as a Market Plate bistro venue featuring chef-created entrées and seasonal sides, including paleo-friendly and vegan options.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring fresh oysters, wild caught fresh halibut, and sustainably sourced tuna. Local options include rainbow trout and seafood-based spreads from Rushing Waters Fisheries. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- An extensive collection of over 300 craft beers and 600 wines as well as two in-house Sommeliers to assist with wine selection. Local options include Daisy Cutter Pale Ale from Half Acre Beer, Anti-Hero IPA from Revolution Brewing and Ninja Vs. Unicorn Double IPA from Pipeworks Brewing Co. The store will also have a taproom serving beer, wine, spirits and bar bites.
- A full-service coffee bar offering draft coffee and tea, lattes and brewed coffee. Seasonal spring drinks include a Brown Butter Cookie Latte and White Rose Tea.
- Bakery offering everyday favorites, such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake, made-from-scratch bread and packaged cookies, croissants and scones. Department also offers a wide variety of special diet items, including vegan and/or gluten-free cakes, cookies and desserts. Many bakery offerings are supplied locally, including bread from La Fournette, cheesecakes from KimmyKakes and vegan cookies from Hilary’s Cookies.
- Comprehensive assortment of beauty and wellness products, including an expanded skincare section and bulk soap selection. Local products include candles from Bright Endeavors, bath bombs from Humble Botanics as well as aluminum and paraben-free deodorant from American Provenance.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 150 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
To give back to the Chicago community, from April 27-through May 1, Whole Foods Market will match 100% of proceeds from any local product purchased in-store, up to $5,000, to benefit Lakeview Pantry. Lakeview Pantry is one of the newest recipients of a refrigerated van from Whole Foods Market’s Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program. From May 2 through May 8, Whole Foods Market will donate 1% of each day’s total sales to benefit four local Chicago schools and will provide additional support for local non-profit organizations including Inspiration Kitchens, Chicago Parks Foundation and Chicago Help Initiative. Nonprofit organizations interested in support from Whole Foods Market can visit the Community Giving page to learn more.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/onechicago.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://wmn-live.frb.io/.