Culver City, Calif. (Aug. 31, 2022) – Whole Foods Market opened its new 51,413-square-foot store, located at 3377 La Cienega Blvd in Culver City, Calif., on Wednesday, Aug. 31. The store’s design pays homage to the creativity of the area and highlights community staples, including artwork of the Baldwin Hills Overlook and a bird’s eye-view painting of Culver City. The new location’s product assortment features more than 1,700 local items from Southern California, hand-picked by Elena Garcia, Local Forager for Whole Foods Market’s Southern Pacific Region.
Features of the Culver City store include:
- An array of organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce, plus offerings from more than 40 local farms, including heirloom tomatoes from Be Wise Ranch, sprouts from Kowalke Organics and watermelon from Valpredo Farms.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include goat gouda from Central Coast Creamery, small-batch artisanal meats from Gusto and burrata from Di Stefano Cheese. The cheese counter is overseen by trained cheesemongers who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring house-made salmon burgers, marinated whole fish and poke. Local options include black mussels from Carlsbad Aquafarm, sablefish from Giovanni’s Fish Market and whole squid from Southwind Seafood. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Features include house-made sausages, hot smoked meats and a variety of ready-to-cook items such as gourmet burgers and kabobs. Local options include beef from Eel River, chicken from Mary’s Free Range Chickens, turkey from Diestel Ranch and sausages from Tarantino Gourmet Sausage..
- Extensive selection of more than 350 craft beers, 120 spirits and 800 wines. Local options include Fresh Pils of LA from Common Space Brewery as well as wine offerings from DAOU Vineyards, Turning Tide Wines, Ancient Peaks Winery and Field Recordings Winery. The store will also offer a Belgian coffee ale collaboration from Brouwerji West and Groundwork Coffee.
- A taproom, The Cul Bar, offering 24 beers on tap with a large selection of local options. The taproom will offer indoor and outdoor seating as well as happy hour and daily specials.
- A Prepared Foods section featuring hot and cold food bars, a pizza station, a chef’s case with seasonal entrées and sides, a charcuterie selection, a sandwich station and Market Cocina which offers burritos, bowls and tacos.
- Bakery offering made-from-scratch bread as well as everyday favorites, such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake, brown butter cookies and vegan croissants and scones. The department also carries a wide variety of special diet items, including vegan cheesecake slices from Plant Power, paleo-friendly cookies from Jack’s Paleo Kitchen and gluten-free desserts from Honeycut Kitchen. Local offerings include pie from The Pie Hole, Rocq Macarons and artisan bread from Röckenwagner Bakery.
- Whole Body section featuring more than 100 local products, including wellness shots from Shroomi, bulk vegan soap from Forest Nymphs and candles from PF Candle Co.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 150 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
To give back to the community, Whole Foods Market has made donations toward fencing and irrigation systems at the Good Earth Community Garden, and provided funding for irrigation systems, tents and soil to LA Green Grounds. In addition, Whole Foods Market will be partnering with Communities in School to help support nutritious after-school snacks for children in the West Adams schools they serve. Whole Foods Market will also be supporting summer events for Black Women for Wellness and the Shower of Hope’s weekly events at the West Adams Church of Christ.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Grocery pickup is available at Whole Foods Market Culver City. For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/culvercity.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://wmn-live.frb.io/.