Grand Rapids, Mich. (Aug. 17, 2022) – Whole Foods Market opened its new 45,400-square-foot store, located at 2897 Radcliff Ave. SE in Kentwood, Mich., in the greater Grand Rapids area on Wednesday, Aug. 17. The store’s decor is energizing and bright, and the store’s café tables, chairs and stools were made by hand locally in Grand Rapids. The new location’s product assortment features more than 2,000 local items from Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin, hand-picked by Mike Neill, Local Forager for Whole Foods Market’s Michigan stores.
Features of the Grand Rapids store include:
- An array of organic, conventional and Sourced for Good Local options include basil from Square Roots, heirloom tomatoes from Good News Farm and summer squash from Cinzori Farms.
- Full-service meat counter offering hand-cut steaks, chops and roasts. Department features dry-aged beef, made-in-house sausage and ready-to-cook offerings and a wide array of organic and grass-fed selections. Local options include chicken from Pine Manor Farms and sausages from Gilbert’s Craft Sausages.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring Atlantic salmon, walleye and white fish from the Great Lakes, and fresh oysters. Local options include hot smoked salmon, fresh rainbow trout and spreads from Rushing Waters Fisheries. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include pimento cheese from Zingerman’s, soft ripened cheeses from Tulip Tree Creamery and fresh mozzarella from Crave Brothers. The cheese counter is overseen by trained cheesemongers, who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards. The store will also have a Certified Cheese Professional on-site.
- Bakery offering baked-in-house daily bread as well as everyday favorites, such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake, brown butter cookies and vegan croissants and scones. The department also carries a wide variety of special diet items, including gluten free and vegan pies from Raised Gluten Free, gluten free dessert bars from Ethel’s Baking Co. and raw cakes from Nats Rawline. Local options include fire roasted breads from Field and Fire and cookies from Avalon International Breads.
- A Prepared Foods section with self-serve hot and cold food bars, hand-tossed pizza, sushi by Kikka as well as a wide assortment of ready-to-eat and ready-to-heat items.
- A full-service coffee bar offering coffees, lattes, cold brew and teas. Seasonal summer and fall drinks include Mint Matcha Lemonade, Peach Oolong Tea and Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Whole Body section featuring more than 100 local products, including bulk soap from Maggie Ann Soap Co., Organic Immune Support Shots from GingeRx and candles from Kalamazoo Candle Co., including a new Riverbank candle scent which will be sold exclusively at Whole Foods Market Grand Rapids.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 230 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 180 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates and parabens.
To give back to the Grand Rapids and Kentwood communities, from Aug. 17-21, Whole Foods Market will match 100% of proceeds from any local product purchased in-store, up to $5,000, to benefit Green Apple Pantry. Green Apple Pantry is one of the newest recipients of a refrigerated van from Whole Foods Market’s Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program. From Sept. 6-9, Whole Foods Market will donate 1% of each day’s total sales to benefit four local schools in Grand Rapids and Kentwood and will provide additional support for local non-profit organizations including Fulton Street Market, Kids Food Basket and Heartside Gleaning. Nonprofit organizations interested in support from Whole Foods Market can visit the Community Giving page to learn more.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Grocery pickup will be available at Whole Foods Market Grand Rapids. For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/grandrapids.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.