JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. (Oct. 7, 2020) – On Wednesday, Oct. 7, Whole Foods Market opened a new 40,000-square-foot store located at 2050 S. 3rd St. in Jacksonville Beach, Florida.
Special features of the Jacksonville Beach store include:
- Sushi and wok station from Genji, a Friends of Whole Foods Market venue offering fresh, sustainable sushi.
- Selection of more than 400 wines and 150 beers, including options from local producers like Bold City Brewery, Intuition Ale Works and Island Grove Winery. Department also features an exclusive Hoard the Love Northeast IPA from Engine 15 Brewing Company.
- Produce department offering a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, including selections from local growers like Ecoripe Tropicals and Lipman Family Farms. The department also carries a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade® Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Full-service butcher featuring grass-fed and dry-aged beef, made-in-house sausages, gourmet burgers and locally sourced meats from Adams Ranch.
- Seafood counter with offerings like made-in-house seafood burgers, marinated shrimp and smoked salmon. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed. Local options include spiny lobster from Keys Fisheries and Key West pink shrimp from Cox’s Seafood.
- Specialty department featuring local products like mozzarella from Mozzarita and chocolate from 5150 Chocolate Co., as well as a vast selection of cheese overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional®.
- In-house bakery serving pies, cakes, pastries and items for special diets, as well as selections from local bakeries such as Cookies By Shar, Cosa Duci Italian Bakery and Simply Delicious Cafe & Bakery.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring various local products like RSP Nutrition immunity & hydration shots, soap from Lolablue Living and coconut oil from Conscious Coconut.
- More than 800 local products throughout the store from more than 150 local suppliers, including Olive My Pickle, Old Florida Gourmet Products and The Hyppo, known for its handmade ice pops.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 preservatives, flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like exclusive discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/jacksonvillebeach.
About Whole Foods Market
For 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first national certified organic grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.