Madison, Wis. (Nov. 16, 2023) – Whole Foods Market will open a new 50,000-square-foot store located at 4710 Madison Yards Way, Madison, Wis., on Dec. 13 at 9 a.m. CST. The store will be a relocation of the existing Madison store (3313 University Ave.), which has served the community since 1996.
The new store will anchor the brand-new 21-acre Madison Yards mixed-use development where other retail, restaurants, entertainment and more will surround a central green plaza. The location’s product assortment will feature more than 700 local items from the Midwest, sourced with the help of Margie Omastiak and Darcy Landis, Local Foragers for Whole Foods Market.
Features of the new Madison store include:
- An array of certified organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce, plus offerings from local farms, including hard squash and organic jewel yams from Southwest Produce and cranberries from Twin Lake Cranberry Co.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include Sliced Acorn Tamworth Prosciutto from La Quercia Cured Meats, Shallot Confit with Red Wine from The Quince & Apple Company and 10 Year Cheddar from Hooks Cheese Company, Inc. The cheese counter is overseen by a Certified Cheese Professional who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards.
- Curated grocery section filled with 365 by Whole Foods Market brand favorites and local products, including honey from Gentle Breeze Honey, Inc., Organic Caffeine-Free Turmeric Ginger Herbal Tea from Rishi Tea.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring local Wisconsin trout and fresh seafood deliveries five days a week. Local options include trout spread from Rushing Waters Fisheries and Smoked Whitefish Pate from Door County Whitefish.All offerings are either sustainable, wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks and poultry to order. Features smoked sausage made in-house.
- Extensive selection of more than 200 craft beers and spirits and 800 wines. Local options include New Glarus Brewing, Restoration Cider and Untitled Art.
- An expanded prepared foods section featuring fresh sushi from Kikka featuring new and seasonal rolls such as Carrot Curry Kimchi Roll, Mango Yuzu California Roll and rolls made with plant-based seafood from Konscious Foods. Additional features include self-serve hot food and salad bars, made-to-order sandwiches, self-serve pizza and a charcuterie station.
- A full-service coffee bar with seasonal and classic favorites including Date Cardamom Latte, Honey Vanilla Latte, Chai Latte and White and Dark Chocolate Mochas.
- Bakery department offering made-in-house bread as well as everyday favorites, such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake and Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Local offerings include macarons from La Fournette, breads and cookies from La Campagne Bakery and cake slices from Bunky’s Café.
- Wellness & Beauty department featuring more than 120 local products including beard balm from American Provenance and beeswax lip balm from Bee Bella.
Whole Foods Market Madison will be open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. CST daily. Opening morning, customers will enjoy live music, local samples and complimentary coffee. The first 300 customers in line will receive a limited-edition tote bag and a Secret Saver coupon featuring offers up to $100 off.
To give back to the community, Whole Foods Market is contributing a refrigerated van to food rescue organization The River Food Pantry through its Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program. Launched by the grocer in 2020, the program aims to enhance the operational capabilities of local food rescue organizations, enabling them to efficiently transport food from surplus locations to areas with the greatest need. Additionally, Whole Foods Market has made donations to nonprofit organizations Madison Area Food Pantry Gardens, Badger Prairie Needs Network, Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin and FairShare CSA Coalition.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 260 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 180 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. For more information and hours of operation, please visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/madisonsegoe.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.