Massapequa, N.Y. (Sept. 15, 2021) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 38,500-square-foot store, located in Sunrise Promenade at 5214 Sunrise Highway, Massapequa Park, N.Y., on Wednesday, Oct. 6. The new location’s assortment places an emphasis on local products from the Tri-State area, all hand-picked by the Local Forager for Whole Foods Market’s Northeast Region, Chris Manca.
Special features of the Massapequa store include:
- A full-service coffee bar featuring on-tap nitro cold brew and rotating tea flavors. Fall seasonal offerings include pumpkin spice lattes, butterscotch cold brew, butterscotch white mochas and maca mochas. Baristas can warm any Bakery item at the coffee bar to pair with a beverage.
- A Prepared Foods section with a deli counter, hot and cold food bars. Ready-to-eat soups and a range of ready-to-eat and ready-to-heat mix and match meals, like paleo-friendly grilled salmon, chicken scallopini, macaroni & cheese and roasted butternut squash.
- An array of organic, conventional, local and Sourced for Good produce, plus local offerings from more than 20 local farms, including apples from Hudson River Fruit, Korean pears from Evergreen Orchard Farm, and packaged salad greens from Satur Farms on Long Island.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers, artisan producers and specialty foods like chocolate and handmade pastas. Department features a self-serve fresh Severino Pasta bar, guayusa tea from Royal Leaf Tea, and ethically sourced coffee from Coffee Uplifts People. The cheese counter is overseen by trained cheesemongers who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards. Local options include olive oil-infused chocolates from Kosterina, and local cheeses from Brooklyn’s Crown Finish Caves.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring local jumbo lump crab cakes from Star of the Sea Seafood as well as stuffed whole fish and filets. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service butcher to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Department offerings include house-made Italian sausages and chorizo, house-prepared dry aged beef and ground beef from Pineland Farms as well as grass-fed beef from New Jersey’s Simply Grazin’ farm, pork from New York’s Briar Woods Farms and sausage from Brooklyn Cured.
- Extensive selection of 200 beers, including local options such as Money IPA from Barrier Brewing Co., Driftwood Ale from Montauk Brewing Co., and IPAs from Garvies Point Craft Brewery.
- Bakery offering custom cakes as well as scratch-made breads and coffee cakes. Many bakery offerings are supplied locally, including vegan, gluten-free baked goods from By the Way Bakery, allergen-free cookies from Pride Enjoy, and vegan mini muffins from Abe’s.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring more than 100 local products, including body care essentials from Lux Naturals, ginger and turmeric shots from Monfefo, and hand-poured candles from Satya + Sage.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 150 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
To give back to the Massapequa community, Whole Foods Market will be supporting Island Harvest’s “End Childhood Hunger” initiative, which will provide underprivileged students in Long Island schools backpacks filled with fresh food items. Whole Foods Market will also be providing $5,000 to Nassau Food Rescue, supporting hyper local food banks in the Massapequa community. Nonprofit organizations interested in support from Whole Foods Market can visit the Community Giving page to learn more.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Curbside pickup and delivery are available from Whole Foods Market Massapequa.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/Massapequa.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit http://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.