NEW YORK (Jan. 11, 2023) – Whole Foods Market opened its new 42,000-square-foot store, located in One Wall Street at 66 Broadway, New York, N.Y., today at 8 a.m. The store’s design pays homage to the Art Deco history of the building with Wall Street and Financial District inspired influences. The new location’s product assortment features more than 1,000 local items from New York City and the surrounding area, hand-picked by John Lawson, Local Forager for Whole Foods Market’s Northeast Region.
Features of the One Wall Street store include:
- An array of organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce, plus offerings from more than 20 local farms, including salads from Gotham Greens’ New York City farms, herbs from Square Roots and Omakase Berries from Oishii.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include fresh pastas from Severino Pasta, mozzarella cheese from Lioni Latticini and vegan “cheeses” from RIND. The cheese counter is overseen by a trained Certified Cheese Professional who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring a robust shellfish selection and ready to cook offerings. Local options include smoked salmon from Catsmo Artisan Smokehouse and Acme Smoked Fish, seafood cakes from Lagniappe Foods and oysters from West Robins Oyster Company. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Featured offerings include dry-aged beef, ground beef and made-in-house sausages. Local options include pork from Briar Woods Farms and sausages from Brooklyn Cured.
- Extensive selection of more than 200+ craft beers. Local options include Lifted IPA from Interboro Spirits & Ales, Wavetable IPA from Grimm Artisanal Ales, Vliet Pilsner from Threes Brewing and Sun Up Hazy IPA from TALEA Beer Co.
- A Prepared Foods section with a food hall feel that includes hot and cold food bars, made-in-house rotisserie chicken, sushi by Kikka, and a self-service pizza station.
- A full-service coffee bar featuring drip coffee from Partners Coffee in addition to lattes, cold brew and teas. Seasonal winter drinks include strawberry mochas.
- Bakery offering made-in-house bread as well as everyday favorites, such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake, brown butter cookies and vegan croissants and scones. The department also carries a wide variety of special diet items, including cake options made without gluten or dairy from By the Way Bakery, made without sugar cheesecakes from Junior’s as well as an assortment of vegan baked goods from Abe’s. Local offerings include organic grain artisan breads from Bread Alone, pitas from Angel’s Bakery and Italian pastries from Palazzone Pastry Lab.
- Whole Body section featuring more than 100 local products, including body care essentials from LUX Naturals, ginger shots from Annie’s Ginger Elixir and hand-poured candles from Scrumptious Wicks.
- The One Wall Street store also includes one of Whole Foods Market’s first-ever Local and Emerging Accelerator Program(LEAP) cohort members, CHKP Foods. The LEAP program provides mentorship, education and the potential for financial support to promote business growth. The Northeast Region loved that the chickpea is the hero ingredient in CHKP’s first line: a plant-based yogurt which launched in Northeast stores this January.
Whole Foods Market’s One Wall Street store is open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. EST on opening day. Customers who stop by the One Wall Street store on opening day can enjoy giveaways, free samples and live entertainment. The first 200 shoppers in line receive a Whole Foods Market tote bag and $10 gift card. Customers can find more details on opening day events by visiting: https://onegrandopening2023.splashthat.com/
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 230 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 180 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
To give back to the community, Whole Foods Market will make monetary donations to support The Battery Conservancy, Rethink Food, Foodbank NYC and City Hall Park Conservancy. Additionally, Rethink Food is a recipient of Whole Foods Market’s Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program, receiving a refrigerated van to transport both perishable and nonperishable food to communities in need.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Grocery pickup is available at Whole Foods Market One Wall Street. For more information and hours of operation, please visit wholefoods.com/stores/onewallstreet.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.