Overland Park, Kan. (Nov. 15, 2023) – Whole Foods Market opened its new 45,791-square-foot store, located at 11900 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, Kan., today at 9 a.m. CST. The store is a relocation of the existing Overland Park store (6621 W 119th St.), which has served the community for more than 15 years. The new location’s product assortment features more than 750 local items sourced with the help of Darcy Landis, Principal Local Forager for Whole Foods Market.
To give back to the community, Whole Foods Market is donating a refrigerated van to food rescue organization NourishKC through its Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program. Launched by the grocer in 2020, the program aims to enhance the operational capabilities of local food rescue organizations, enabling them to efficiently transport food from surplus locations to areas with the greatest need. Additionally, Whole Foods Market will make a donation to Pete’s Garden, which collects unserved prepared food and creates meals for food insecure families. Funds will directly benefit their Kids Feeding Kids Program.
“We are thrilled to continue serving the wonderful community of Overland Park with this new, larger location,” said Melissa Arnett, Store Team Leader for Whole Foods Market. “We’re excited to welcome our neighbors into the new store not only to grocery shop but to enjoy our upgraded coffee bar, classic prepared foods options, and more space both inside and outside the store for gathering. I hope we can introduce Whole Foods Market’s knowledgeable team members, high quality standards for food, and hand-picked selection of local products to even more customers in this community.”
Features of the newest Kansas store include:
- An array of certified organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include gourmet sweets and confections from Andre’s Confiserie Suisse, Christopher Elbow Chocolates and Askinosie Chocolate. The cheese counter is overseen by a Certified Cheese Professional who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards.
- Curated grocery section filled with 365 by Whole Foods Market brand favorites and local products, including eggs from Campo Lindo Farms, Rev Honey Soda and Tea from Boernsen Bees and tortilla chips and tortillas from James Beard award-winning Yoli Tortilleria.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring a large variety of smoked fish and caviar. All offerings are either sustainable, wild-caught or responsibly farmed.
- Full-service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks and poultry to order. Features include local grass-fed beef from Redger Farms, chicken from Campo Lindo Farms and lamb from Theos Swallow Fork Ranch.
- Extensive selection of more than 150 craft beers. Local options include IPA from Free State Brewing Company, Breezedale Hazy IPA from Fields & Ivy Brewery and Belgian Style Blonde Ale from Martin City Brewing Company.
- An expanded prepared foods section featuring fresh sushi from Kikka featuring new and seasonal rolls such as Carrot Curry Kimchi Roll, Mango Yuzu California Roll and rolls made with plant-based seafood from Konscious Foods, self-serve hot food and salad bars, made-to-order sandwiches, self-serve pizza and rotisserie chicken.
- A bakery department offering made-in-house bread as well as everyday favorites, such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake and Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies. The department also carries a wide variety of special diet items. Local offerings include gluten-friendly cakes, cupcakes, cookies and breakfast items from Emily Kate’s Bakery and fresh-baked artisan hearth bread delivered daily from Farm to Market Bread Co.
- Whole Body section featuring nearly a dozen local products. Local products include Lemon Chamomile Body Butter from Two Niles Company, Rock Island Trail travel candles from Messner Bee Farms and the After Sun soap bar from Fire Lake Soapery.
Whole Foods Market in Overland Park will be open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. CST daily following opening day.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 260 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 180 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. For more information and hours of operation, please visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/overlandpark.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.