PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (June 25, 2021) – On Friday, June 25, Whole Foods Market opened its new 41,436-square-foot store, located at 1600 Woodbury Ave. in Portsmouth.
Special features of the new Portsmouth store include:
- Grocery products from local creators like tortilla chips from Tortilleria Mi Niña, pudding from Echo Farm Puddings, fresh pasta and sauces from Valicenti Pasta Farm, ice creams from Walpole Creamery, infused olive oils from Cucina Aurora and dairy-free, plant-based spreads from Nuttin Ordinary.
- Extensive selection of nearly 300 beers, including options from local breweries like Smuttynose Brewing Company, Great North Aleworks and Great Rhythm Brewing Company.
- Bakery department offering an array of made-from-scratch breads, cakes and cupcakes, as well as vegan and special diet options. Local selections include bagels made with fresh milled flour from One Mighty Mill and hearth-baked breads from The Olde Craft Bakery and Iggy’s Bread of the World.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring fresh seafood, in-house seasoned and marinated shrimp and salmon burgers and an extensive variety of frozen seafood options with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed. Local offerings include more than 20 varieties of oysters from Fat Dog Shellfish Company.
- A wide array of organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce, including fresh cut fruit and fresh salsa. Local produce offerings from Brookdale Fruit Farm and lēf Farms.
- Full-service butcher to cut steaks to order, debone poultry and season or marinate upon request. Department includes made-in-house sausages, gourmet burgers and dry-aged beef, as well as locally sourced options like pork from Mayfair Farm and North Country Smokehouse
- Large variety of cheeses overseen by an in-store cheesemonger who can offer expertise and recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards.
- Specialty foods section featuring local items like flatbread crackers made with upcycled grains from Brewers Crackers and charcuterie from Vermont Salumi.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring products in the body care, apparel and home categories that include products from local suppliers like bath salts from Dandelion, weighted wraps from Hug Patrol, hand-cut soap bars from Sweet Grass Farm and artisan pottery from Great Bay Pottery.
- More than 700 local products throughout the store like sauces from The Spicy Shark, honey from SeaBee Honey and baklava from Aissa Sweets.
The Portsmouth store opens with a “Buy Local, Support Local” program supporting hunger relief efforts in Portsmouth. From June 25 to July 14, Whole Foods Market will match 100% of local product purchases, up to $5,000. All proceeds will go to local nonprofit, Gather, that serves nutritious food to those in the Portsmouth community experiencing hunger.
Whole Kids Foundation will also grant $3,000 to the Children’s Museum of New Hampshire to support their gardening program, “Anyone Can Grow Food.” To learn more about Whole Kids Foundation, click here.
Nonprofit organizations interested in requesting donations or support from Whole Foods Market can visit our Community Giving page to learn more: https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company-info/donate.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Curbside pickup is also available at all Whole Foods Market locations, including Portsmouth (one week post-opening).
For more information and hours of operation, please visit wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/portsmouth.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.