SHERMAN OAKS, Calif. (Oct. 14, 2020) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 54,000-square-foot store located at 14311 Ventura Blvd in Sherman Oaks, Calif., on Wednesday, Oct. 28.
Special features of the new Sherman Oaks store include:
- Sherman Hops, a taproom offering 30 beers on tap from local breweries, seasonal wine and food items like cauliflower nachos and tacos, a Truff hot chicken sandwich and Baja fish tacos.
- Fresh produce department offering a variety of fruits and vegetables with selections from local growers, including a variety of herbs from Kenter Canyon Farms, hydroponic lettuce from Go Green Agriculture, sprouts from Kowalke Farms and grape tomatoes from Be Wise Ranch.
- Full-service butcher offering made-in-house sausages, as well as locally sourced options, including Mary’s Free Range Chicken and beef from Eel River Organics and Tribali Foods.
- Seafood counter featuring made-in-house marinated salmon, as well as oysters from Carlsbad Aqua Farm and smoked salmon from Santa Barbara Smokehouse.
- Specialty foods section with an in-store cheese monger offering expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion. Local products include cheese from Central Coast Creamery, pesto from American Basil and charcuterie from Gusto Craft.
- Extensive selection of beer and wine, including hard kombucha from producers like Boochcraft and JuneShine, beer from Modern Times and wine from Montage Vineyards.
- Bakery department offering an array of made-in-house breads, as well as a range of desserts and pastries for special diets. Additional local offerings include pretzels and pretzel buns from Rockenwagner, hearth breads by Larder Baking Company and macarons from Rocq Macarons.
- Prepared foods section offering a large selection of grab-and-go products including sushi, organic rotisserie chickens, sandwiches and pizza.
- Wellness and beauty department featuring body care and supplements alongside exclusive seasonal candles, incense and crystal sets. Local offerings include immunity boost shots from Vive Organic, candles from Makana Studios and a variety of natural stones and crystals from Rock Paradise.
- Thousands of local products throughout the store from hundreds of local suppliers, many of which are new to Whole Foods Market, like Little West juices, Pulp Pantry veggie-based chips and holiday kits from Foodstirs.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 preservatives, flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like exclusive discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/sherman-oaks.
About Whole Foods Market
For 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first national certified organic grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://wmn-live.frb.io/.