South Windsor, Conn. (Dec. 12, 2023) – Whole Foods Market will open a new 43,406-square-foot store, located in The Shops at Evergreen Walk (800 Evergreen Way), South Windsor, Conn., on January 17 at 8 a.m. EST.
The retailer’s fifth location in the Hartford area, this new store’s design includes rich tile textures and a warm neutral color palette with pops of jewel tones, emerald green and burnt orange, connecting to the natural landscape that surrounds the area. The new location’s product assortment features more than 1,000-local items from New England, sourced with the help of Holly Long, Principal Local Forager for Whole Foods Market.
To give back to the community, on opening morning Whole Foods Market is donating a refrigerated van to food rescue organization Gifts of Love through its Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program. Launched by the grocer in 2020, the program aims to enhance the operational capabilities of local food rescue organizations, enabling them to efficiently transport food from surplus locations to areas with the greatest need. Additionally, Whole Foods Market will make donations to South Windsor Food and Fuel Bank, South Windsor Community Foundation and South Windsor Community Gardens on Avery and Deming Streets.
Features of the South Windsor store include:
- An array of certified organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce, plus offerings from more than five local farms, including herbs and microgreens from Gilbertie’s Organics, juice varieties from RIPE Bar Juice, and sweet potatoes from Oxen Hill Farms.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include handmade pasta from Nuovo Pasta, pesto sauces from Bear Pond Farm and mozzarella cheese from Calabro Cheese. The cheese counter is overseen by trained cheesemongers who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards.
- Curated grocery section filled with 365 by Whole Foods Market brand favorites and a variety of local products, including dairy from Arethusa Farm, honey from Hilltop Apiaries, Rebel Dog Coffee Co., popcorn from LesserEvil, tortilla chips from Tortilleria Mi Niña, Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Pasta Sauces and condiments from White Oak Farm & Table.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring local items from Twinlight Smokehouses and Rachel’s Table. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks to order. The meat department will include fresh made-in-house sausage, dry-aged beef and fresh and frozen organic meats. Local pork will be available from Overbrook Farm, along with sausages from North Country Smokehouse and Italian Style Beef Meatballs from Pineland Farms.
- Extensive selection of more than 250 craft beers, with options from more than 30 local breweries, including Beer’d Brewing Co., Two Roads Brewing and New England Brewing Co.
- A Prepared Foods department featuring fresh sushi from Genji, self-serve pizza counter and hot food and salad bars.
- Bakery department offering everyday favorites, such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake and brown butter cookies, and bread that is baked fresh daily. Local offerings include pastries from Navad Bakers, Abe’s Muffins, cake slices and cupcakes from By the Way Bakery, cookies from Bisousweet Confections and bagels from One Mighty Mill.
- A Whole Body department with a large assortment of wellness and beauty items like Pacha Soap Company’s Raise the Bar line of facial, hair and skin care bar products found only at Whole Foods Market and more than a dozen local brands, including handmade artisanal soap from Center Street Soap Co.
Whole Foods Market South Windsor will be open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. EST daily. Opening morning, customers will enjoy complimentary coffee and breakfast bites. The first 300 customers in line will receive a limited-edition tote bag and a Secret Saver coupon featuring offers up to $100 off.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 260 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 180 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Grocery pickup is available at Whole Foods Market South Windsor. For more information and hours of operation, please visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/southwindsor.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.