Springfield, Va. (Sept. 6, 2023) – Whole Foods Market will open a new 49,499-square-foot store located at 6426 Springfield Plaza, Springfield, Va., on Oct. 4 at 8 a.m. EST. The store will be a relocation of the existing Springfield store (8402 Old Keene Mill Rd), which has been serving the community for more than 25 years.
Designed with cool tones and an open, relaxed atmosphere, the new location nearly doubles the size of the original store, allowing Whole Foods Market to offer Springfield customers more amenities, such as a full-service meat department, additional prepared foods bars and an expanded product assortment which includes more than 600 local items sourced with the help of Daniela D’Ambrosio, a Local Forager for Whole Foods Market.
Whole Foods Market will present a refrigerated van to the Northern Virginia Food Rescue, donated through Whole Foods Market’s Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program, which was created to expand the capacity and capability for community-based food rescue organizations to move food from where it’s available to where it’s needed most.
Features of the Springfield Plaza store include:
- An array of certified organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce, plus offerings from 14 local farms, including apple totes from Hess Brother’s Fruit Company, Asian pears from Mountain View Orchards and microgreens from AeroFarms.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include artisan crackers from Firehook Bakery, the Virginia Chutney Company and Picnic Gourmet Spreads. The cheese counter is overseen by trained cheesemongers who can offer recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards.
- Curated grocery section filled with exclusive brand favorites and local products, including hummus from Asmar’s Mediterranean Food, potato chips from Route 11 and barbecue sauces from Sloppy Mama’s.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring jumbo lump crab cakes, local and seasonal finfish and local smoked fish from Ivy City Smokehouse. Additional local options include crabmeat from Clayton Seafood Company, oysters and condiments from Rappahannock Oyster Co and fresh fish from George’s Seafood. All offerings are either sustainable, wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- Full-service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks and poultry to order. Features include dry-aged beef – aged in-house for up to 28 days – and in-house sausage made fresh daily that will include pork, chicken, turkey and lamb options. Local options include grass-fed beef from Grayson Natural Farms.
- Extensive, curated selection of spirits and more than 500 wines featuring international and vintage options sourced by Whole Foods Market’s expert wine team.
- Selection of more than 300 craft beers. Local craft beer and cider options will include Port City Brewing Company, Potter’s Craft Cider, Aslin Beer Co. and Three Notch’d Brewing Company.
- Expanded prepared foods section featuring fresh sushi from Genji, made-to-order sandwiches, full-service deli, three self-serve food bars and a self-serve pizza station with vegan and alternative flour crust options.
- Bakery department offering made-in-house bread, everyday favorites – such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake and brown butter cookies, and seasonal treats including Apple Cider Donuts and Pumpkin Butter Chai Cake. The department also carries a selection of special diet items. Local offerings include baklava from Al Bohsali, cookies from Whisked and cakes from Sweet and Natural.
- Whole Body section that includes facial, hair and skin care products from Pacha Soap Company found only at Whole Foods Market. More than 100 local products including bar soaps from the Naked Goat Soap Company, gifts from The Neighborhoods and candles from Handmade Habitat.
Whole Foods Market in Springfield Plaza will be open from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. EST daily. Opening morning, customers will enjoy complimentary coffee and breakfast bites. The first 300 customers in line will receive a limited-edition tote bag and a Secret Saver coupon featuring offers up to $100 off.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 260 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 180 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Grocery pickup will be available at Whole Foods Market Springfield. For more information and hours of operation, please visit: www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/springfieldplaza.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.