St. Petersburg, Fla. (Jan. 31, 2024) – Whole Foods Market will open a new 40,100 square-foot store, located at 201 38th Ave North, St. Petersburg, Florida, on Feb. 28 at 9.a.m. EST.
The store’s design draws inspiration from St. Petersburg, nicknamed the ‘Sunshine City’ for its association with sundials. A prominent glowing sun greets customers while decor elements throughout the store incorporate sun rays and a palette of warm colors. The new store’s product assortment features more than 800 locally sourced products from the Southeast, curated with the help of Dustin Kennedy, Local Forager for Whole Foods Market.
Features of the new St. Petersburg store include:
- Full-service seafood counter featuring made in-house and ready-to-cook options including marinated fillets, seafood empanadas and seafood cakes. Local options include fish fillets and whole fish from Greg Abrams Seafood, Wild Seafood Co. and IncredibleFish; shrimp from Cox’s Seafood and Wood’s Fisheries; and spiny lobsters from Keys Fisheries. All offerings are either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.An array of certified organic, conventional and Sourced for Good Local options include organic greens from Lady Moon Farms and herbs and salads from Hardee Fresh.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers and artisan producers. Local items include fresh cheeses from Mozzarita and signature chocolates from Norman Love Confections. The cheese counter is overseen by trained cheesemongers who can offer recommendations for any occasion.
- Curated grocery section filled with 365 by Whole Foods Market brand favorites and a variety of local products, including pantry staples from Glasers Organic Farms, cold-pressed juice from Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Co., prebiotic drinks from Sunny Culture, kombucha from Mother Kombucha and Angel Mint from The Florida Candy Factory.
- Full-service meat counter with butchers available to cut steaks to order. The meat department will include dry-aged beef and made-in-house sausage. Local options include ground beef, boneless ribeye steaks and boneless strip steaks from Adam’s Ranch.
- Extensive selection of more than 180 craft beers, with more than 50 beers from local breweries, including Green Bench Brewing Co., Escape Brewing Company and 3 Sons Brewing Co..
- Prepared foods department featuring Neapolitan pizza, in-house charcuterie, sushi made daily by Genji, and hot food and salad bars.
- Bakery department offering everyday favorites, such as Whole Foods Market’s Berry Chantilly Cake and brown butter cookies, and hearth breads that are baked fresh daily. Local offerings include an assortment of sweets from Gelato Fino, tres leches from Momma’s Baked Goods, Key Lime Pie from Keys Fisheries and plant-based treats from Chef Christy’s.
- A Whole Body department with a large assortment of wellness and beauty items and more than 30 local brands, including professional haircare products from Acure, bar soap from Lolablue Living and protein powder from RSP Nutrition.
Whole Foods Market St. Petersburg will be open from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. opening day. Regular store hours will be 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. EST daily. Opening morning, customers will enjoy complimentary coffee and breakfast bites. The first 300 customers in line will receive a limited-edition tote bag and a Secret Saver coupon featuring offers up to $100 off.
To give back to the community, Whole Foods Market is donating a refrigerated van to Good Neighbors through its Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program. Launched by the grocer in 2020, the Nourishing Our Neighborhoods program aims to enhance the operational capabilities of local food rescue organizations, enabling them to efficiently transport food from surplus locations to areas with the greatest need. Whole Foods Market will also make a donation to St. Pete Free Clinic to support the nonprofit’s programs that increase food access in Pinellas County.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 300 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 240 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. For more information and hours of operation, please visit: https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/stpetersburg
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.