TAMPA, Fla. (July 7, 2021) – On Wednesday, July 7, Whole Foods Market opened its new 48,000-square-foot store, located at the intersection of Dale Mabry Highway and Midtown Drive, 3740 Midtown Drive, in Tampa.
Special features of the new Tampa store include:
- Full-service seafood counter featuring fresh and frozen seafood, in-house seasoned and marinated shrimp and salmon, with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed. Florida local options include red snapper and grouper from Halperns’ Steak and Seafood and Key West pink shrimp from Cox’s Wholesale Seafood in Tampa.
- Prepared foods section with a wide selection of hot and cold food bars featuring salad, soups, pizza and charcuterie. Take home fresh packed pasta, ready-to-heat meals, and new gourmet salads, made by Whole Foods Market chefs.
- An array of organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce, plus local options like fresh salsa from Tampa-based Sunset Salsa and sprouts from Miami-based Fullei Fresh.
- Full-service butcher to cut steaks to order, debone poultry and season or marinate upon request. Department includes made-in-house sausages, gourmet burgers and dry-aged beef, as well as Florida-raised beef from 4th generation cattle ranch, Adams Ranch, who is the Florida Region’s 2020 Supplier of the Year.
- Large variety of cheeses overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional who can offer expertise and recommendations for any occasion and create custom boards. Featured American artisan cheeses, small-batch, and seasonal selections from cheese producers across the United States. Local options include burrata and mozzarella from Mozzarita.
- Specialty foods section featuring local treats like toffee from Pinellas Park’s Toffee to Go and chocolate from 5150 Chocolate.
- Grocery products from local creators like Tampa’s Buddy Brew Coffee, St. Petersburg’s Mother Kombucha, an exclusive lemon rose drink from St. Petersburg probiotic beverage maker, Sunny Culture, and protein-rich snack bars from Miami-based FroPro.
- Extensive selection of nearly 200 beers, including options from St. Petersburg and Tampa local breweries like Green Bench Brewing Company and Tampa Bay Brewing Company. Local beer offerings include 813 Midtown Hazy IPA from Coppertail Brewing and Hello Neighbor Key Lime IPA from Cigar City Brewing.
- Bakery department offering custom cakes and special diet options. Local selection includes tres leches cake from Momma’s Baked Goods and cookies from Cosa Duci Italian Bakery. Bakery will offer a new cake, “Sunset in Tampa,” inspired by the west coast’s unforgettable sunsets, the vanilla cake has bright orange marmalade with lemon curd in a tangy cream cheese frosting.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring products in the body care, supplement and home categories that include products from local suppliers like bulk soap from North Port’s Lolablue Living, Miami’s RSP Nutrition immunity & hydration shots, coconut oil from Tampa’s Conscious Coconut and candles from Sarasota’s Bia Candle Company.
- More than 800 local products from the state of Florida throughout the store from over 160 local suppliers.
To give back to the Tampa community, Whole Foods Market will donate $5,000 to the Tampa Bay Network to End Hunger in support of finding solutions to end hunger in Tampa Bay.
Nonprofit organizations interested in requesting donations or support from Whole Foods Market can visit our Community Giving page to learn more: https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company-info/donate.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and over 100 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Curbside pickup is also available at all Whole Foods Market locations.
This store replaces the Tampa Whole Foods Market location at 1548 North Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33607. For more information and hours of operation, please visit wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/midtowntampa.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.