TEMPE, Ariz. (October 3, 2019) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 40,000 square-foot Tempe store located at 750 S. Ash Avenue, at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, November 6. The store will serve as a relocation of the existing Tempe store located at 5120 S. Rural Road. Opening day celebrations will include complimentary refreshments, bites and music before the store opens. Additionally, the first 300 customers will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Tempe reusable shopping bag and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We can’t wait to bring Whole Foods Market to downtown Tempe” said Stephen Rice, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to providing our customers with a greater selection of accessible, fresh, and innovative products and grab-and-go options, including a large selection from local businesses, as well as a destination to gather with friends and enjoy a meal or a drink at On Ash, our in-store bar and restaurant.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban animal testing and more than a hundred commonly used ingredients.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from local growers and a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade® Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment
- Bakery department offering an array of fresh baked breads, cakes and cupcakes made in-house, as well as seasonally-inspired offerings from local suppliers and options for vegan and special diets
- Full-service butcher department with a variety of ready-to-cook options, such as made in-house sausages, freshly ground beef and gourmet burgers, self-serve smoked meats and selections from local suppliers
- Seafood department featuring a self-serve poke bar, fresh seafood offerings from local suppliers, including shucked oysters and oak roasted salmon, as well as a large selection of packaged and frozen fish
- Specialty foods section featuring a selection of cheeses overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional
- Hot and cold prepared food bars featuring seasonal dishes, organic offerings and options for special diets, as well as stations for signature sandwiches, focaccia and personal pizzas, sushi and tacos
- Nékter Juice Bar: in-store juice and coffee bar offering freshly made, clean and nutrient-rich açai bowls, Superfood smoothies, fresh and cold-pressed juices, drip coffee and lattes
- Beauty and body care department featuring products from 10 local suppliers
- Expansive selection of over 300 beers and 1,000 wines, many from local producers, with in-house cicerones and sommeliers on staff
The Tempe store will also feature an in-store bar and restaurant called On Ash, which will serve pub-style food, including options for vegan and other special diets, with a variety of daily specials on local beers and wines.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on dozens of select popular products each week and an additional 10 percent off hundreds of in-store items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive five percent back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
Whole Foods Market Tempe will employ approximately 125 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has nine additional stores in Arizona.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/tempenew.