TOWSON, Md. (Jan. 14, 2022) – Whole Foods Market has opened its new 59,119-square-foot store, located at 300 Towson Row in Towson, Md., on Friday, Jan. 14. The new location is in the Towson Row development near Towson University. The store’s design pays homage to the area’s history as a transportation hub with a light and bright color palette. The new location’s assortment emphasizes local products from Maryland, overseen by Kathleen Leverenz, Local Forager for Whole Foods Market’s Mid-Atlantic region.
Special features of the Towson store include:
- An upstairs mezzanine with a lounge, arcade and outdoor seating overlooking Towsontown Blvd W. The store also features a community room available for meetings and working groups.
- A full-service coffee bar offering lattes, espresso drinks, teas and cold brew. Seasonal winter drinks include Lavender London Fog and Vanilla Rooibos Seasonal Tea Sachet.
- A Prepared Foods section serving as a quick and easy food destination for university students and nearby businesses with hot and cold food bars, elevated hot meals sold by the plate and a wide assortment of pre-packed, ready-to-eat items. Customizable whole pizzas and pizza-by-the-slice are offered, as is grab-and-go sushi by Kikka.
- Full-service seafood counter featuring jumbo lump crab cakes, made-in-house lobster rolls and grab-and-go marinated seafood. Local options include fresh oysters from True Chesapeake Oyster Co., smoked fish from Ivy City Smokehouse and fresh oysters and oyster sauces from Rappahannock Oyster Co. All seafood is either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed.
- An array of organic, conventional and Sourced for Good produce and flowers. Local options include packaged herbs from Shenandoah Growers, salad greens from Bowery Farming’s Nottingham farm, root vegetables from Lancaster Farm Fresh and orchids from Color Orchids.
- Specialty department dedicated to celebrating cheesemakers, artisan producers and specialty foods. Department features 300 varieties of cheese, a 16-foot artisan cheese display and a seasoned team of cheesemongers ready to help with cheese selection, pairings and building a custom board for any occasion. Local options include the Merry Goat Round from Firefly Farms, Bay Blue from Chapel’s Country Creamery, The Rev coffee-infused cheddar from High Country Creamery and Tandoori Garlic Spread from Picnic Gourmet Spreads.
- Full-service meat counter, with butchers available to cut steaks to order or debone poultry. Featured department offerings include dry-aged and oven-ready sausages and smoked meats, as well as organic pork from Wellshire Farms.
- Bakery department offering scratch-made bread as well as fan favorites such as Berry Chantilly Cake and artisan San Francisco-style sourdough bread. Many bakery offerings are supplied locally, including Triple Love Cheesecake from Hiatus Cheesecake, Sweet Potato Cake from Sweet and Natural and Chesapeake Cheddar Bread from Crest Hill Bakery.
- Wellness and Beauty section featuring local products, including moisturizing haircare from Oyin Handmade, whipped shea butters from Shea Radiance and honey bar soap from Hon’s Honey.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous Quality Standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and more than 150 flavors, colors, sweeteners and other ingredients commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
To give back to the Towson community, Whole Foods Market will make a $15,000 donation in support of Baltimore Hunger Project, The Assistance Center of Towson Churches and Towson University’s FoodShare, all working to alleviate food insecurity in Towson and the Greater Baltimore area.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, including deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Grocery pickup is available at Whole Foods Market Towson.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/towson.
About Whole Foods Market
For more than 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first certified organic national grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.