WASHINGTON (July 9, 2020) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 46,000 square-foot store in Washington, D.C., located at 967 Florida Avenue NW, at 7 a.m. on Thursday, July 23.
Special features of the new Florida Avenue store include:
- Friends of Whole Foods Market venue PLNT Burger, offering plant-based classics like burgers available for takeout.
- Produce department offering fresh fruits and vegetables, including selections from five local growers like Gotham Greens and Bowery Farms along with a range of items with Whole Foods Market’s Whole Trade® Guarantee, which supports suppliers that are committed to ethical trade, working conditions and the environment.
- Full-service butcher featuring grass-fed and dry-aged beef, made-in-house sausages, as well as locally sourced options from Stoney Point and Green Hill Farms.
- Seafood counter featuring fresh and frozen seafood, made-in-house salmon burgers and lobster rolls, with all offerings either sustainable wild-caught or Responsibly Farmed. Local options include smoked fish from Ivy City Smokehouse, blue crab meat from JM Clayton and fresh fish from George’s Seafood.
- Offerings from many local suppliers like FireFly Farms and Meadow Creek Dairy including ready to eat cheeses overseen by in-store cheese mongers who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion.
- Selection of more than 400 wines, including options from approximately 40 local wine producers, like Old Westminster Winery and Early Mountain Winery, as well as more than 300 beers, including selections from local breweries, like Right Proper Brewing and Atlas Brew Works.
- In-house bakery serving scratch-made hearth breads, cakes, pastries and items for special diets, as well as selections from local bakeries such as Sacre Sucre, Hiatus Cheesecake and Sweet & Natural.
- Beauty and body care section offering a variety of haircare, skincare and home décor products from local suppliers including The Neighborgoods, Oyin and Handmade Habitat.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, as well as over 100 colors, flavors and preservatives commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns, including Washington, D.C.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/floridaavenue.
About Whole Foods Market
For 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first national certified organic grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://media.wholefoodsmarket.com/.