WAYNE, N.J. (Sept. 17, 2020) – On Thursday, Sept. 17, Whole Foods Market opened a new 40,000-square-foot store located at 560 Valley Road in Wayne, New Jersey.
Special features of the Wayne store include:
- Market Burger, a burger bar offering both grass-fed and plant-based burgers available for takeout, as well as milkshakes, cocktails, wine and craft beer on tap.
- Produce department offering a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, with selections from local growers, including salad greens from Bowery Farming and Aero Farms, Asian pears from Evergreen Farm, and squash from Lancaster Farm Fresh and Hepworth Farms.
- Full-service butcher offering made-in-house sausages and burgers, as well as locally sourced options, including beef from Simply Grazin’ and sausage from Bilinski Sausage.
- Seafood counter featuring a variety of made-in-house offerings, including lobster mac & cheese, crab cakes and lobster rolls, as well as selections from local producers, such as seafood cakes from Lagniappe Foods and smoked salmon portions from ACME Smoked Fish.
- Specialty section with an in-store cheesemonger who can offer expertise and recommendations for any request or occasion. Local products include cheeses from Cherry Grove Farm and Valley Shepherd Creamery, chocolate bars from Elements Truffles and a fresh pasta selection from Severino Pasta Company.
- Floral department offering a wide selection of fresh plants and flowers, including orchids and succulents from local supplier Plainview Growers.
- In-house bakery offering scratch bread and cakes, brownies, bundt cakes, tea loaves, and macaron ice cream sandwiches. Exclusive offerings include a made-in-house Rainbow Cookie Cake, inspired by the classic Italian dessert, and Levain Bakery frozen cookie dough, available exclusively at Whole Foods Market Wayne until October 2020. The department also offers a range of items for special diets from local suppliers like Abe’s Muffins, Mo’Pweeze Bakery, Keeping You Sweet and By the Way Bakery.
- Prepared Foods section offering a large selection of grab-and-go products including sushi, sandwiches, quesadillas and pizza. Department also includes a variety of casseroles perfect for a family dinner or meal prep as part of new Grab & Gourmet offerings.
- Wellness and Beauty department featuring body care and supplements alongside seasonal candles, baking housewares and sustainable apparel and accessories. Department has more than 100 local items, which include hair products from Bodhi, soaps from LUX Naturals and candles from Bailywick Candles.
- Thousands of local products throughout the store from hundreds of local suppliers, many of which are new to Whole Foods Market, like NaturalVert, Paper Plane Coffee Co. and Sweet Portugal.
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners, as well as over 100 colors, flavors and preservatives commonly found in food. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban more than 100 commonly used ingredients, including phthalates, parabens and microbeads.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like exclusive discounts on select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. Free 2-hour grocery delivery is available for Prime members in more than 2,000 cities and towns, including Wayne, New Jersey.
For more information and hours of operation, please visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/wayne.
About Whole Foods Market
For 40 years, Whole Foods Market has been the world’s leading natural and organic foods retailer. As the first national certified organic grocer, Whole Foods Market has more than 500 stores in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. To learn more about Whole Foods Market, please visit https://wmn-live.frb.io/.