New Whole Foods Market in Long Beach to Open October 23
Expanded store to feature local suppliers, Nékter Juice Bar and in-store dining venue
Long Beach, Calif. (September 25, 2019) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 45,000 square-foot store in Long Beach, California, located in the 2nd & PCH shopping center at 6400 E. Pacific Coast Highway, at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, October 23. The store will serve as a relocation of the existing Long Beach store located at 6550 E Pacific Coast Highway. Opening day celebrations will include complimentary refreshments, bites and music before the store opens. Additionally, the first 300 customers will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Long Beach reusable canvas tote bag and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We can’t wait for the Long Beach community to experience their new Whole Foods Market,” said Matthew Spohn, Store Team Leader. “We’re excited to provide our customers with an even larger selection of high quality food and grocery items, as well as new features including Nékter Juice Bar and an in-store bar and restaurant.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban animal testing and more than a hundred commonly used ingredients.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables and selections from 15 local producers
- In-house bakery offering an array of fresh baked breads and cakes, including vegan and other special diet offerings
- Full-service butcher department with offerings from seven local suppliers, made in-house sausages and whiskey dry aged steaks and self-serve smoked meats
- Seafood department featuring fresh offerings from local producers, including shucked oysters, oak roasted salmon, a self-serve poke bar and a large selection of packaged and frozen fish
- Specialty foods section featuring 200 local suppliers, including a selection of cheeses overseen by an in-store American Cheese Society Certified Cheese Professional
- Expansive selection of over 300 beers and 1,000 wines, many from local producers, with in-house cicerones on staff
- Hot and cold prepared food bars featuring seasonal dishes, organic offerings and options for special diets, as well as stations for signature sandwiches, focaccia and personal pizzas, sushi and tacos
- Beauty and body care department featuring products from about 40 local suppliers
- Nékter Juice Bar: in-store juice and coffee bar offering freshly made, clean and nutrient-rich açai bowls, Superfood smoothies, fresh and cold-pressed juices, drip coffee and lattes
- The Breakwater: in-store bar and restaurant serving pub-style food, including options for vegan and other special diets, cocktails, local beer and wine
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on dozens of select popular products each week and an additional 10 percent off hundreds of in-store items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive five percent back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
Whole Foods Market Long Beach will employ approximately 200 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 34 additional stores in the greater Los Angeles area.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/longbeachnew.