Whole Foods Market celebrates World Vegan Day with Chef Jenné Claiborne
Retailer to offer $5 off all vegan holiday meal online preorders and feature exclusive recipes on Hot Bar for limited time
AUSTIN, Texas (Nov. 1, 2019) – To celebrate World Vegan Day, Whole Foods Market is offering $5 off online preorders of Chef Jenné Claiborne’s Vegan Meal for 2 on shop.wfm.com from Nov. 1 through Nov. 8 with the promo code VEGAN.
Known for her approachable recipes that help bring out the richness of vegan ingredients, Claiborne cocreated the Vegan Meal for 2 with Whole Foods Market’s Culinary Team to provide a menu that features hearty and comforting dishes for the holidays with a Creole twist.
The Southern-inspired recipes featured in the meal are also available on Whole Foods Market Hot Bars nationwide from Oct. 30 through Nov. 5.
The Vegan Meal for 2 includes:
- Mushroom Étouffée: Roasted mushrooms along with classic Creole flavors festively reimagine a Louisiana classic.
- Braised Collard Greens with Tomatoes: Ribbon-cut collard greens braised until tender with smoked paprika and tomato.
- Spicy Cornbread Dressing: Classic cornbread dressing meets Creole seasonings for a soulful side to your holiday plate.
- Black-Eyed Pea Fritters: Creamy black-eyed peas with spicy jalapeño and smoked paprika come together with cornmeal in a golden-fried bite.
- Whole Foods Market Vegan Pumpkin Pie: Rich, creamy and perfectly spiced pumpkin filling in a flaky crust—a holiday favorite.
Claiborne is a chef, blogger and author of “Sweet Potato Soul: 100 Easy Vegan Recipes,” and has established a large following by making the vegan lifestyle more accessible through her easy, delicious recipes. Originally from Georgia, Claiborne weaves savory Southern flavors into many of her dishes.
Claiborne is one of four culinary pros who Whole Foods Market has teamed up with for the holiday season, including Nicole Rucker, Michael Solomonov and Stella Parks. The exclusive Vegan Meal for 2 is available for preorder online now and throughout the holiday season at shop.wfm.com.