Whole Foods Market in Commack to open April 3
New store to feature variety of local suppliers and in-store, fast-casual eatery
COMMACK, NY (Mar. 6) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 45,000 square-foot Commack, New York store, located at 120 Veterans Memorial Highway, at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, April 3. Opening day celebrations will include complimentary coffee and breakfast pastries starting at 8 a.m. The first 200 customers through the doors will receive a reusable canvas shopping bag.
“We’re eager to open our doors to the Commack community,” said Lorraine Barker, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to providing our customers with a variety of products to meet all of their needs, while also offering the highest quality service and providing a neighborhood gathering space.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. The store will offer a selection of locally sourced options, including many brands that are new to Whole Foods Market, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from local and regional growers
- An expansive in-house bakery offering a full line of scratch made breads and rolls, cakes and self-serve baked goods, such as mini pastries and cupcakes, as well as items for special diets
- Full-service butcher department featuring sausage, beef and pork options from local suppliers
- Seafood department with unique offerings including locally-sourced smoked salmon and crab cakes
- Specialty foods section with a variety of local snack items and an extensive selection of cheeses overseen by an in-store Certified Cheese Professional, certified by the American Cheese Society
- Coffee and juice bar featuring in-house roasted coffee and juices on tap
- In-store Alkaline water dispenser
- Prepared foods section with hot and cold food bars, including a salad bar, soup wells, self-serve square pizza, sushi, a noodle bar and made-to-order sandwiches
- Beauty and body care department featuring 10 local suppliers
- Expansive selection of beer from local producers
- 142 bins of bulk scoop items, including a wide assortment of candy and four types of grind-your-own nut butters
The Commack store will also feature a yet-to-be unveiled fast-casual eatery, which will offer menu items featuring local ingredients, and will serve a variety of wines and locally brewed beer on tap. The venue will be open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., daily.
To celebrate joining the community, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on Wednesday, April 10 will benefit the Association for Mental Health and Awareness in support of its Chemical Free Garden, which provides fruit, vegetables and herbs to local food pantry, Charlotte’s Table. Additionally, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on Thursday, April 18 will benefit Family Service League, which provides social services to more than 50,000 individuals in need throughout Suffolk County.
Whole Foods Market Commack will employ approximately 200 full and part time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
Whole Foods Market has 3 additional stores in the greater Long Island area.
For more information visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/commack.