Whole Foods Market in Evergreen Park to open March 6
First 500 Customers Will Receive Whole Foods Market Gift Card
EVERGREEN PARK, IL (Feb. 6, 2019) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 30,000 square-foot Evergreen Park store, located at 9600 South Western Ave., at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, March 6. Opening day celebrations will include sampling and demos throughout the day. The first 500 customers through the doors will receive a Whole Foods Market gift card of a mystery value ranging between $5 and $50, and one lucky winner will receive a $500 gift card.
“We can’t wait to open our doors in Evergreen Park,” said Kristina Malicoat, Store Team Leader. “We’ve designed a unique store for this community, inspired by historic elements of the neighborhood, and we look forward to delivering the highest quality food and service to our customers.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. The store will offer a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from regional growers
- Full-service butcher department featuring in-house made sausages in a variety of flavors, assorted marinated chicken breasts and steaks, and a seafood department with ready-to-bake seafood meal kits
- Specialty foods section with extensive selection of cheeses and a self-serve olive bar
- Bakery department offering fresh daily-baked breads and desserts, including vegan, gluten free and other special diet offerings
- Hot and cold prepared food bars featuring seasonal dishes, as well as vegan and organic options. Department includes a salad bar, soup wells, self-serve pizza, sushi, a sandwich station with made-to-order sandwiches, and a build your own avocado toast bar
- Specialty beauty and body care department featuring local products from Rebel Green and Au Naturale
- Expansive selection of beer and wine from local producers
- 188 bins of bulk scoop items including candy, beans, grains, dried herbs and spices
To celebrate joining the community, five local schools will each receive one percent of the store’s net sales on designated days. Schools include Southwest Elementary, Evergreen Park High, Sward Elementary, Mother McAuley and Sutherland Elementary.
Whole Foods Market Evergreen Park will employ approximately 115 full and part time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
Whole Foods Market has 27 other stores in the Chicago metropolitan area.
For more information visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/evergreenpark.