Whole Foods Market in Malibu to open June 12
First 300 customers will receive a Whole Foods Market reusable tote bag and other giveaways
MALIBU, Calif. (May 14, 2019) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 25,000 square-foot Malibu store, located in The Park at Cross Creek (23401 Civic Center Way), at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, June 12. Opening day celebrations will include samples from local vendors, music and giveaways starting at 8 a.m. The first 300 shoppers will receive a custom Whole Foods Market Malibu reusable tote bag containing Whole Foods Market swag, snacks and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
Whole Foods Market will also host a pre-opening “Party in the Parking Lot” in The Park at Cross Creek on Saturday, June 8 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Members of the community are invited to help celebrate the store’s grand opening with free, family-friendly activities, including delicious samples from local suppliers, face painting, live screen printing, games, music and more.
“We are so excited to bring Whole Foods Market to Malibu,” said Amy La Boube, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to serving the community and providing our customers with the tastiest and highest quality natural and organic food available."
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. The store will offer a wide selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from regional growers
- In-store bakery offering an array of cakes made in-house, pastries, tarts and chia parfaits; includes a variety of vegan, keto and gluten-free offerings such as packaged cupcakes, muffins and cookies
- Full-service butcher department featuring in-house made sausages and chicken and beef from local suppliers
- Seafood department with unique offerings, such as in-house made salmon and shrimp burgers and a variety of options from local suppliers
- Prepared foods section with a wide selection of hot and cold food bars with organic options; includes a salad bar, soup wells, rotisserie chickens, charcuterie, sandwich and pizza stations, sushi and ready-made meals
- Specialty foods section with an extensive selection of local cheeses and spirits
- Beauty and body care department featuring over 25 local suppliers and products exclusive to Whole Foods Market Malibu
- Expansive selection of beer and wine from local producers
- Nékter Juice Bar: in-store juice and coffee bar offering freshly made, clean and nutrient-rich açai bowls, Superfood smoothies, fresh and cold-pressed juices, plus coffee roasts from local partner, Coffee Manufactory
To celebrate joining the community, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on June 27 will benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Malibu, an organization dedicated to providing academic, wellness and recreational programs for middle and high school students in the community.
Whole Foods Market Malibu will employ approximately 140 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 33 additional stores in the greater Los Angeles area.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/malibu.