Whole Foods Market in Porter Ranch to open May 22
New store to feature local suppliers and in-store bar and restaurant
PORTER RANCH, Calif. (April 24, 2019) – Whole Foods Market will open its new 44,000 square-foot Porter Ranch store, located at 20209 W. Rinaldi St., at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 22. The store will serve as a relocation of the existing Porter Ranch store. Opening day celebrations will include samples from local vendors, music and giveaways starting at 8 a.m. The first 300 guests will receive a baguette to honor the Whole Foods Market tradition of breaking bread with the community.
“The opportunity to offer our customers a larger and more exciting food experience is really gratifying,” said Kevin Helfend, Store Team Leader. “This store offers the community a unique place to get together, shop for high quality groceries and enjoy delicious food – all of the things that Whole Foods Market represents.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. The store will offer a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from regional growers
- An expansive in-house bakery offering a full line of scratch-made breads and self-serve baked goods, such as mini pastries and cupcakes; it will also feature vegan, gluten-free and other special diet offerings
- Full-service butcher department featuring sausage, beef and chicken options from local suppliers
- Seafood department with unique offerings, such as chef inspired ready-to-cook seafood items and locally sourced smoked salmon
- Prepared foods section with hot and cold food bars, including a salad bar, soup wells, New York style pizza, a taqueria station, sushi and made-to-order sandwiches
- A specialty foods section with an extensive selection of local cheeses and spirits
- Beauty and body care department featuring over 25 local suppliers
- Expansive selection of beer and wine from local producers
- Nékter Juice Bar: in-store juice and coffee bar offering freshly made, clean and nutrient-rich açai bowls, Superfood smoothies, fresh and cold-pressed juices, plus coffee roasts from local partner, Coffee Manufactory
The Porter Ranch store will also feature a yet-to-be unveiled bar and restaurant, offering menu items that feature local ingredients, a curated selection of seasonal wines from California wineries and beer on tap. Open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market Porter Ranch will employ approximately 160 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 33 additional stores in the greater Los Angeles area.
For more information visit www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/porterranch.