Whole Foods Market opens in Beverly
New store offers a variety of products from local producers, grab-and-go options and natural and organic grocery items
BEVERLY, Mass. (October 17, 2019) – Whole Foods Market in Beverly opens its doors to the public at 8 a.m. on Friday, October 18. Located at 150 Brimbal Avenue, the new 34,500 square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening with complimentary coffee from Beverly-based Atomic Coffee Roasters, pastries and music before the store opens. As part of the opening day festivities, the first 200 customers will receive an exclusive Whole Foods Market Beverly reusable canvas tote bag and a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100.
“We are excited to expand our presence in Massachusetts with the opening of our new store in Beverly,” said Jason Lishin, Store Team Leader. “With offerings from dozens of local businesses, we look forward to giving shoppers access to a wide selection of fresh, high quality and innovative products.”
Offering a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban animal testing and more than one hundred commonly used ingredients.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department featuring seasonal fruits and vegetables as well as selections from regional growers, including apples, pears, squash and pumpkins
- Bakery offering an array of fresh breads baked in-house with local ingredients, including fougasse with Curio Spice and scratch bread made with One Mighty Mill flour; department also features pastries from A&J King Artisan Bakery and Bisousweet Confections, as well as items for vegan and other special diets
- Full-service butcher with a variety of ready-to-cook options, including made in-house sausages and freshly ground beef; department also features selections from local suppliers, such as North Country Smoke House, Willow Tree and Elmartin Farm
- Seafood counter featuring fresh seafood from the coast of Massachusetts including sea scallops, littleneck clams, oysters and haddock fillets, as well as a large selection of packaged and frozen fish
- Specialty foods section featuring seasonal, made in-house antipasti, as well as selections from local suppliers, including chocolates from Goodnow Farms and Two Friends Chocolates, cheddar cheeses from Jasper Hill and Grafton Village and an assortment of cracker options from Brewers Crackers
- Expansive bulk section with five make-your-own nut butter grinders
- Prepared foods with a wide selection of hot and cold food bars and specialty stations, including in-house smoked food options, fresh signature sandwiches, and build your own bone broth bowls utilizing broth from local supplier Five Way Foods
- Lunch and dinner options from venues like Za’atar at Whole Foods Market serving Mediterranean grain bowls, Roman-style pizza, Kikka sushi, rotisserie chickens and oven-ready skillet meals
- Full-service coffee and tea bar featuring a variety of offerings, such as nitro cold brew and a seasonal Curio Spice latte
- Whole Body section featuring beauty, body care, and home goods with candles from local supplier Beverly Bees Candles and skincare from True Moringa, as well as housewares such as cutting boards from UTEC
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on dozens of select popular products each week and an additional 10 percent off hundreds of in-store sale items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive five percent back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
To celebrate joining the community, five percent of the store’s net sales on Thursday, October 24 will benefit New Entry Sustainable Farming Project, an organization that works to improve local and regional food systems by training the next generation of farmers to produce food that is sustainable, nutritious and accessible. Additionally, the Whole Kids Foundation has awarded a $2,000 School Garden Grant to Ayers Ryal Side Elementary to support the development of the school’s hydroponic vegetable garden program for its third grade STEAM and science classes.
Whole Foods Market Beverly employs approximately 150 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 32 additional stores in Massachusetts.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/beverly.