Whole Foods Market opens in Fort Myers
New store offers wide selection of seasonal, locally sourced options and in-store patisserie from Florida chocolatier and pastry chef Norman Love
FORT MYERS, FL (Nov. 6, 2018) – Whole Foods Market in Fort Myers opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7. Located at 6891 Daniels Pkwy, Suite 100, the new 45,000 square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening by offering the first 500 customers through the doors a Whole Foods Market gift card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $50; with one lucky customer receiving a $500 gift card.
“This store has been a labor of love – creating the perfect food and grocery experience for our Fort Myers customers,” said Bill Confer, Store Team Leader. “We are proud of the selection of locally grown and produced items we sell, the delicious dining options we offer, and the welcoming space we have built. As soon as we open the doors on Wednesday, I’m sure our customer will fall in love with their new community market.”
Offering a selection of locally sourced options, prepared foods, and natural and organic grocery items, each item sold in the store meets Whole Foods Market’s rigorous quality standards and is free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives and hydrogenated fats. Store features include:
- Expansive selection of products from local and regional suppliers such as Kombucha 221B.C.,Betsy’s Best Nut & Seed Butters, Sunset Salsa, and Gator Hammock
- Full-service meat and seafood departments staffed by expert butchers and fishmongers; featuring beef raised in Florida by Adams Ranch and a variety of fresh seafood offerings including grouper, lionfish and Key West Pink Shrimp, as well as a smoked salmon program
- Bakery offering breakfast sweets, packaged items and to-go cakes and desserts; including special diet options
- Prepared foods section with a signature salad bar, international hot bar with vegan and organic options, self-serve Neapolitan and Detroit-style pizza, sushi and 20 hot soups daily
- Curated collections of beauty, body care, home products and gifts featuring regional lines, such as Buzzn Bee, Acure and Simply Soy
- Large selections of wine and local beer from Florida favorites including Fort Myers Brewing Company, Funky Buddha Brewery and Cigar City Brewing.
The new Fort Myers location will also feature an in-store chocolate salon and pastry shop from internationally acclaimed Fort Myers-based chocolatier and pastry chef, Norman Love. As part of the Friends of Whole Foods Market program, Norman Love Confections will offer shoppers a special line of ultra-premium chocolates made exclusively for Whole Foods Market, as well as a delicious menu of sweet and savory choices for breakfast and lunch; including pancakes, French toast, waffles, sandwiches, quiche and salads. The salon will also serve freshly brewed Kahwa Coffee from Tampa Bay. Through the Friends of Whole Foods Market program, the company partners with outside chefs, culinary and lifestyle brands, to bring shoppers innovative in-store experiences. All Friends partners operate as their own store within the walls of Whole Foods Market, share Whole Foods Market’s high-quality standards, and have unique expertise in a cuisine, concept or product.
To celebrate joining the community, 5 percent of the store’s net sales on opening day will benefit Gladiolus Food Pantry, a non-profit organization which seeks reduce hunger by providing healthy, nutritious food for families in the Harlem Heights and surrounding communities.
Whole Foods Market Fort Myers employs approximately 180 full and part time team members. The store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m., daily.
Whole Foods Market has one additional Southwest Florida store in Naples.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/fortmyers