Whole Foods Market opens in Porter Ranch
New store to offer wide selection of local products and in-store bar and restaurant, Porter’s House
PORTER RANCH, Calif. (May 21, 2019) -- Whole Foods Market in Porter Ranch opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, May 22. Located at 20209 W. Rinaldi St., the new 44,000 square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening with samples from local vendors, music and giveaways starting at 8 a.m. The first 300 shoppers will receive a reusable shopping bag containing a Whole Foods Market savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100, Whole Foods Market swag and snacks. The bag will also include a small, individually wrapped baguette to honor the Whole Foods Market tradition of breaking bread to commemorate every new store opening.
“We’re really excited for this community to experience their new Whole Foods Market,” said Kevin Helfend, Store Team Leader. “In addition to an expanded selection of food options and unique features like Nékter Juice Bar, our customers can also enjoy a meal or beverage at our in-store bar and restaurant, Porter’s House.”
Offering a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
Store features include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from nearly 50 regional growers
- Expansive in-house bakery offering a full line of scratch-made breads and self-serve baked goods, such as mini pastries and cupcakes; also features vegan, gluten-free and other special diet offerings
- Full-service butcher department featuring sausage, beef and chicken options from local suppliers, including Mary’s Chicken, Hearst Ranch Beef and Tribali Foods Patties; also offers meats smoked in-house and ready-to-eat barbeque options
- Seafood department with unique offerings, such as chef inspired ready-to-cook seafood items, poke and locally sourced smoked salmon from Santa Barbara Smokehouse®
- Prepared foods section with hot and cold food bars, including a salad bar, soup wells, New York style pizza, a taqueria station, Kikka sushi and made-to-order sandwiches
- Specialty foods section with an extensive selection of local cheeses from Cowgirl Creamery, spirits from Mulholland Spirits and beer from Ballast Point
- Beauty and body care department featuring over 25 local suppliers, including Vive Organic Wellness Shots, Forest Nymph bulk soap and Zatik Natural Black Cumin Seed supplements and body care products
- Expansive selection of beer and wine from local producers
- Nékter Juice Bar: in-store juice and coffee bar offering freshly made, clean and nutrient-rich açai bowls, Superfood smoothies, fresh and cold-pressed juices, plus coffee roasts from local partner, Coffee Manufactory
The Porter Ranch store also features an in-store bar and restaurant, Porter’s House. It will offer a menu of grass-fed beef burgers and vegan options, highlighting regionally sourced ingredients. Additionally, the eatery will serve a curated selection of seasonal wines from California wineries, including Joel Gott and Mer Soleil, and 24 rotating beers on tap from local breweries, including Modern Times, Beachwood Brewing and Eagle Rock Brewing. Offering indoor seating for 60 people and outdoor patio seating for 50 people, Porter’s House will be open from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market Porter Ranch employs approximately 160 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 33 additional stores in the greater Los Angeles area.
or more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/porterranch.