Whole Foods Market opens in South Lake Tahoe
New store offers hundreds of products from local producers, grab-and-go options and natural and organic grocery items
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. (Nov. 5, 2019) – Whole Foods Market in South Lake Tahoe opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, November 6. Located at 3600 Lake Tahoe Blvd, the new 28,500 square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening with complimentary refreshments, bites and music before the store opens. As part of the opening day festivities, the first 300 customers will receive a Whole Foods Market South Lake Tahoe reusable tote bag, a savings card with a mystery value ranging between $5 and $100 and a miniature loaf of bread to honor the Whole Foods Market tradition of breaking bread with the community.
“We’re thrilled to join the South Lake Tahoe community and welcome our neighbors into their New Whole Foods Market,” said Wes Mewes, Store Team Leader. “We look forward to providing residents – and those visiting Lake Tahoe – with access to an expansive selection of fresh, responsibly sourced, delicious foods, many grab-and-go options, and a variety of items from local businesses, all in a unique setting inspired by the Sierra mountains.”
All food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. In addition, all beauty and body care products must meet the company’s body care standards, which ban animal testing and more than one hundred commonly used ingredients.
Special features of the store will include:
- Fresh produce department with a wide array of fresh fruits and vegetables, including offerings from eight local growers such as organic honeycrisp and fuji apples and satsuma mandarins, as well as pre-cut vegetables for easy grab-and-go meals
- Meat department featuring sausages, freshly ground beef, seasonal appetizer selections and oven-ready protein kits, as well as options from eight local suppliers, including Fork in the Road hot dogs, Diestel ground turkey and Silva dinner sausages
- Seafood department offering fresh and frozen seafood, with all products either sustainably wild caught or responsibly farmed, including seasonal favorites such as oven-ready, garlic-roasted Dungeness crab and Tsar Nicoulai caviar
- Specialty foods section featuring a variety of cheeses, coffee and teas, including options from more than 20 local suppliers like Nevada-based Blind Dog Coffee Roasters, along with a self-serve olive and antipasti bar
- Extensive wine and beer selection with more than 380 wines and 350 craft beers and ciders, including local breweries like Common Cider, Fifty Fifty Brewing and Lead Dog Brewing
- Bakery department offering an array of self-serve baked goods, such as cookies, cakes, breads, frozen mochi and options for special diets, as well as a variety of items from local bakeries, including Mindful Cupcakes, Truckee Sourdough Company and Rounds Bakery
- Prepared foods section including a salad bar, eight soup wells with seasonal options, made-to-order sandwiches, Sicilian-style pizza, Kikka sushi, rotisserie chickens and sliced deli meats from local suppliers
- Over 90 bulk bins offering nuts, seeds, grains, beans, dried fruit, candy and coffee, as well as four make-your-own nut butter grinders
- Beauty, body care and home goods section featuring sustainable and mission-driven products including plush toys, cozy blankets, and nourishing skin, hair care and cosmetics all meeting Whole Foods Market’s body care standards, as well as California brands like Cocokind, Kuli Kuli and Juice Beauty
- Hundreds of products throughout the store from local suppliers, 12 of which are recipients of Whole Foods Market’s Local Producer Loan Program, which provides low-interest loans to local producers to help grow their businesses
- Indoor and outdoor seating for more than 130 customers
Bay Area and Reno customers can place holiday meal orders at shop.wfm.com and pick them up at the new South Lake Tahoe store when visiting for the holidays.
Amazon Prime members who shop at Whole Foods Market have access to a number of benefits year-round, like deep discounts on dozens of select popular products each week and an additional 10% off hundreds of in-store sale items. In addition, eligible Prime members receive 5% back on Whole Foods Market purchases when using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
To celebrate joining the community, 5% of the store’s net sales on Wednesday, November 13 will benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Lake Tahoe, which provides children and teens in the community with a safe, positive and welcoming environment where they can have fun and enhance their education and life experiences. Whole Foods Market is also working closely with many other organizations in the community, including The League to Save Lake Tahoe, Bread and Broth, Christmas Cheer and Family Resource Center, among others.
Whole Foods Market South Lake Tahoe will employ approximately 100 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 45 additional stores throughout Northern California.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/southlaketahoe.