Whole Foods Market opens in Weehawken
New store to offer wide selection of local products and full-service coffee bar from Friends of Whole Foods Market partner Café Grumpy
WEEHAWKEN, N.J. (July 25, 2019) – Whole Foods Market in Weehawken opens its doors to the public at 9 a.m. on Friday, July 26. Located at 1400 Waterfront Terrace in The Shops at Lincoln Harbor, the new 32,000 square-foot store is celebrating the grand opening with complimentary Balthazar Bakery pastries and Café Grumpy coffee before the store opens. As part of the opening day festivities, the first 100 customers will receive a Whole Foods Market Weehawken reusable canvas tote bag, and New York City-based all-women Brazilian Samba Reggae drum line, Fogo Azul, will perform from 6 to 7 p.m. Throughout opening weekend, shoppers are invited to enjoy a sampling of products from a variety of local suppliers, including frozen desserts from Adirondack Creamery, Ample Hills Creamery and Koku.
“We’re really excited to welcome the Weehawken community to their new Whole Foods Market,” said Jose Navas, Store Team Leader. “With products from more than 150 local suppliers and its contemporary, bright design, this store was created specifically for this neighborhood.”
Offering a selection of locally sourced options, grab-and-go prepared foods and natural and organic grocery items, all food at Whole Foods Market must meet the company’s rigorous quality standards, which prohibit hydrogenated fats, high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
Special features of the store include:
- Fresh produce department with seasonal fruits and vegetables, including selections from over 50 local producers, such as D’Ottavio Farms, Hepworth Farms and Ark Foods
- Full-service butcher department featuring in-house made sausages, beef, chicken, lamb and turkey options from regional suppliers, including Bell & Evans and Simply Grazin, as well as a range of ready to cook items, including fresh burgers, kebabs and marinated meats and poultry
- Seafood department with unique offerings, such as in-house made salmon burgers, lobster rolls, Star of the Sea jumbo lump crab cakes and Catsmo smoked salmon
- Expansive in-house bakery offering self-serve cookies and cakes, items for special diets and a selection of goods from area bakeries, including Balthazar Bakery, Abe Muffins and By The Way Bakery
- Prepared foods section with a wide selection of hot and cold food bars, seasonal and organic options; includes a salad bar, soup wells, rotisserie chickens, self-serve square style pizza, Kikka sushi and charcuterie offerings
- Full-service coffee bar from Friends of Whole Foods Market partner Café Grumpy featuring nitro cold brewed coffee on tap, single origin coffee selections and seasonal drinks. Café Grumpy also offers a “commuter combo” coffee and pastry pairing during rush hours and a discount for customers who bring their own coffee mugs
- Specialty foods section with an extensive selection of cheeses from local suppliers such as Valley Shepherd Creamery, charcuterie offerings from Charlito’s Cocina and a self-serve fresh pasta bar with offerings from New Jersey-based Severino Pasta Company
- Beauty and body care department featuring products from various local suppliers, including new soap scents and candles from LUX Naturals, hair products from Bodhi and accessories from Chavez for Charity
To celebrate joining the community, five percent of the store’s net sales on opening day will benefit the Weehawken High School Culinary Initiative.
Whole Foods Market Weehawken employs approximately 190 full and part-time team members. Following the grand opening, the store will be open from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.
Whole Foods Market has 19 additional stores in New Jersey.
For more information visit https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/weehawken.